Centennial KAPA info??

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
It appears next weekend I'm flying to Oklahoma, picking up my parents and flying back to KAPA to watch my little girls gymnastics competition in Littleton. I will prob leave that next morning to fly them home before returning home to Steamboat that day.

Any recommendations on FBO? I'm liking TAC air self serve fuel cost. Are there any surprises to flying in there? recommendations?

I think most people like TAC Air but Denver Jet is OK too. I don't think there is anything tricky about flying in but listen to ATIS carefully when you depart, especially the part about contacting ground when your runup is complete then MONITORING tower.

Xjet was top notch both times we went there. We got a Land Rover as a crew car the first time and a Range Rover the second. I think I bought less than 20 gallons each time. It is really a top notch place and there's a reason they keep winning awards, even for us little guys.

I think most people like TAC Air but Denver Jet is OK too. I don't think there is anything tricky about flying in but listen to ATIS carefully when you depart, especially the part about contacting ground when your runup is complete then MONITORING tower.

And where you do the run up.

And where you do the run up.

Actually they don't care where you do it. But if you call ground and say you have NOT done it, they'll give you a clearance to one of the run-up areas depicted on the taxi diagram, and you call them again when run-up complete and ready to taxi again.

I avoid it by running up elsewhere, but we're way out at the end of Area Hotel and plenty of good places out east there to do it. Then I call ground with run-up complete on the initial call. The ramp east of Alpha is not a controlled movement area.

Back