Censored or real?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - so while looking at Microsoft Virtual Earth, I found a neat feature called "Bird Eye's View" which lets you get even closer than before!

I found this in the area that used to be the worst kept secret in Albuquerque. Is this censored, or are those planks really there that say USAF?

ooh - take a look at the ultra secretive toxic bug vehicle, also! :)

edit2: a second angle of the possible censoring.

Last edited:
I can't quite see it Nick, but is that the car that is radioactive in the NM desert? When I worked at the Air Force Weapons Lab in Albuquerque we were told that there was a car out in the desert from the 1940's that had become radioactive after transporting some material from Los Alamos to White Sands.

Those look like wing panels but could easily be an edit to the image and added later.

On a side note, too bad that Huey's in such rough shape. I'd love to have one of those!

smigaldi said:
I can't quite see it Nick, but is that the car that is radioactive in the NM desert? When I worked at the Air Force Weapons Lab in Albuquerque we were told that there was a car out in the desert from the 1940's that had become radioactive after transporting some material from Los Alamos to White Sands.

LOL - I dunno if its really radioactive, but it sure is bright for a car, isn't it?

Looks like Monzano (sp?) Mountain, but I'm not certain. I never actually saw an photo of it from the air before. Hard to tell if the stuff you are talking about are edits, or just some of the copious amounts of garbage sitting around up there.

I doubt that is the radioactive car. When I worked on the mountain, that car and a bunch of other stuff was inside bunkers. Most of it had not been contaminated accidentally, but rather intentionally during nuke tests, brought back for study by Sandia National Laboratories, then locked up to bake off half lives. Or so we were told. I've seen the (or at least "a" car) and other assorted stuff locked up in a bunker. Lots of us kept getting nosebleeds up there.

I was part of the group of people that moved the material that was part of what made that place so interesting to another location. If that is indeed Monzano, if you look around a bit, you may be able to see where we moved it to, not that there is much to see.

Last edited:
Joe Williams said:
Looks like Monzano (sp?) Mountain, but I'm not certain. I never actually saw an photo of it from the air before. Hard to tell if the stuff you are talking about are edits, or just some of the copious amounts of garbage sitting around up there.

I doubt that is the radioactive car. When I worked on the mountain, that car and a bunch of other stuff was inside bunkers. Most of it had not been contaminated accidentally, but rather intentionally during nuke tests, brought back for study by Sandia National Laboratories, then locked up to bake off half lives. Or so we were told. I've seen the (or at least "a" car) and other assorted stuff locked up in a bunker. Lots of us kept getting nosebleeds up there.

I was part of the group of people that moved the material that was part of what made that place so interesting to another location. If that is indeed Monzano, if you look around a bit, you may be able to see where we moved it to, not that there is much to see.

Yep - that is Manzano Mountain, or as we call it "Nuclear" Mountain. The new location is probably the 2nd worst kept secret in New Mexico. No need to post its new location publically.

AF doesn't fly Hueys. Why is there a USAF screen immediately adjacent to a crashed Huey?

FAA, flight instruction, bomb, terrorist, buildings. There, that should do it, let's see what the spooks have to say.

Back