cell phones!

I'm using T-Mobile. However, we do go to Europe a few times per year and I'd like to use the phone there. My T-Moble phone I could use anywhere, but it would be cheaper to buy a local sim card, so I'd like the availability. I also want an unlocked phone so I can buy a local sim card. Are you saying that a US Nexus 5 wont work in Europe?

Nope, it's just they offer a different model in Europe. I went to England this past summer and brought my Nexus 4. I bought a one month 'all you can eat' sim card from THREE for $20. Vodophone sold the same thing but it was like $80 with a 2Gig cap.

Pulled out my sim card, put in the sim card from THREE and I had local phone and data for the month I was there. Worked great. Do a Google search for the country you're going to in order to shop rates and get reviews. This is a common topic and pops up easily with search.

Nope, it's just they offer a different model in Europe. I went to England this past summer and brought my Nexus 4. I bought a one month 'all you can eat' sim card from THREE for $20. Vodophone sold the same thing but it was like $80 with a 2Gig cap.

Pulled out my sim card, put in the sim card from THREE and I had local phone and data for the month I was there. Worked great. Do a Google search for the country you're going to in order to shop rates and get reviews. This is a common topic and pops up easily with search.

Thanks for the info. I was reading about Three and Toggle. But I also want to use my phone in Germany and the Czech republic, but most likely not the same trip.

Interesting. I have never had that problem.

I'm sure it's a hit and miss type of thing but more miss. This guy in our shop has horrible reception on the s3 and a guy down the hall works fine. I know two tower techs who told me to stay away. I looked it up and everybody was complaining about it. So I waited for the s4. And soon after I bought the s4 the note 3 went on pre order and my wife got it. That note is awesome!!

It's our ONLY internet access! Good thing we're grandfathered w/ unlimited data. We got a little carried away this month. A screenshot from yesterday...end of cycle is tomorrow

Man that's a lot of gigs. Haha the only thing about grandfathering is if you upgrade your forced to change to the new plans and bye bye unlimited. Well unless you buy your phones outright then your fine.

I have the HTC ONE. Great phone.

All metal build quality ala the iPhone, but all the joys of Android.

I'm sure it's a hit and miss type of thing but more miss. This guy in our shop has horrible reception on the s3 and a guy down the hall works fine. I know two tower techs who told me to stay away. I looked it up and everybody was complaining about it. So I waited for the s4. And soon after I bought the s4 the note 3 went on pre order and my wife got it. That note is awesome!!

I work in the basement of a building built in the late 1800's. This thing has so much rebar and concrete in it its a nuclear bomb shelter. I have never had a dropped or miss call, but depending where I am in the building, internet can get slow and spotty. Could be that I only got it a few months ago and that they fixed things since their initial roll-out.

I'll throw in my vote for the 5S.

I love it, I've been iphone since the 4 came out, and now that I'm hooked on foreflight w/ a ipad mini it only makes sense to keep the iphone as a backup as well.

I personally like a phone that fits in my pocket and the 5S does that perfectly. I would never be happy with a phone as big as a S4, but I think they have a mini coming out soon that would be worth a look IMO.

The fingerprint reader is more important to me than I thought it'd be, it's really nice to never have to enter a code.

The camera does everything I want a camera to do.

My only real ***** would be battery life, but it's adequate and I keep it plugged in whenever i'm in the car to run pandora and recharge so I'm never below 50%.

Obligatory plug for the iPhone 5s or 5c.

Especially since you already have the iPad and MacBook Pro.

Lots of iCloud benefits - Photostream, iTunes Match, shared Safari Bookmarks, shared Calendar and Contacts, that sort of thing. Plus most of the apps you bought for the iPad will work on the phone.

Those other phones are fine, I'm sure, and probably outpace the iPhones in given areas. And there's the benefit of trying something new as well.

But since you're already invested in, and comfortable with, the Apple ecosystem, an iPhone would be a good choice.
:yeahthat:

Man that's a lot of gigs. Haha the only thing about grandfathering is if you upgrade your forced to change to the new plans and bye bye unlimited. Well unless you buy your phones outright then your fine.

That's when you buy a six-month old used phone for the same price as what Verizon would sell it to you with a two-year contract. BTDT.

We have a couple of Motorola Droid Razr's that we've had for about a year and we like them fine.

LOL! I'm a little embarrassed to say the phone in your photo is similar to what I am replacing. Six months ago my toddler dropped the phone into the dog's water bowl. It sorta came back to life with a new battery ($4) but it totally died last week. It's time to move on.

Probably nothing to be embarrassed about. If a tool works for you, use it. Or similar if it went for a swim. LOL.

I'd be using a phone like the one pictured if I didn't require a pocket computer for work.

I live in the country where only satellite is available, jailbroken iPhone and grandfathered unlimited data plan. We also had no cell service, I bought one of those Wilson repeaters and installed on the top of the house (works well BTW). And Wah-la... INTERNETS!!!

Wilson makes good stuff.

Ok. My wife's S3 just dropped a call. We use Verizon.

Back