Casually looking for Partners in Northern Illinois

Pjsmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
pjsmith
Hope I haven't put this in the wrong forum. I'm a bit of a newbie, so if I have, please forgive. I'm just about done with training, and if I can get the last bit of time with checkride prep done, I'll be there before the snow melts (if this weather starts cooperating).

I'm Wondering if anyone has heard of a) an existing partnership group with an opening or b) a pp who is seeking a partner in Northern Illinois (preferably McHenry County, but will travel for the right plane/ a/p). They can already have their own plane, or we can select & buy the plane together.

Ideally, the plane would be a four seat fixed gear/prop plane with IFR certification (to facilitate chasing that rating), though I would consider getting into a complex such as a Mooney (C through F), Cardinal RG, Tiger (not complex, but in that price range) or Sierra.

I've looked around on-line for partnerships, but it seems like these are often not advertised or advertised well.

Any tips/hints/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Patrick

Patrick one of my partners (one out of five) is looking to sell. It's a 1975 Piper Arrow II based at DPA. If you're interested in more details, send me an email.

Although quite a hike, and DPA would be much closer. We have an opening in a 10 member partnership/club. C172 based at MDW. http://www.gawfc.org

I'm considering selling half my Cherokee 235.

It's a very happy IFR airplane. I just can't fly it often enough.

I'd have to have your whole family history though. I'm not jumping into a marriage like that without knowing da other guy. :rolleyes:

In addtion to the previous great suggestions, you might try myplane.com and aircraft-partnership.com.

Not sure about the Mooney, but the IFR rating was a must with the Bonanza. You might want to check the insurance rates on the various aircraft you're looking into for that reason. :)

Happy Hunting

Back