Cash Cab

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
So I'm sitting here watching Cash Cab on Discovery Channel. The last question, the video bonus, for these two dumbasses is "Airplanes like this [video of a T-34 in flight] use pointed noses to over-come what force of air resistence?"

They were both completely stumped. One guy suggested friction, the other guy suggested turbulence. When the second guy said "turbulence," the first guy said "Hey that's actually a pretty good answer! We'll go with that." They went with turbulence. And they were wrong. And they were confused about why they were wrong. Granted it was a poorly phrased question, but seriously...they hadn't even heard of drag. I wish someone would offer to pay me $3000 (they had won $1500 and it's double or nothin') for defining drag. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I think this should have been in Hanger Talk...sorry.

Geez, the answer was nearly in the question! Thats better than Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader when a lady risked $500,000 to get to the million dollar question: Who was the first American to break the speed of sound? Her (very unsure) answer was Howard Hughes. Wow.

Geez, the answer was nearly in the question! Thats better than Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader when a lady risked $500,000 to get to the million dollar question: Who was the first American to break the speed of sound? Her (very unsure) answer was Howard Hughes. Wow.

Ohhhh ya, I forgot about that...we had a long discussion about how stupid that was on Fingers the other night.

I saw excerpts of that show on a TV magazine feature (60 minutes?).

"I thought Europe was a country."

See my new sig line.

Last edited:
I saw excerpts of that show on a TV magazine feature (60 minutes?).

"I thought Europe was a country."

See my new sig line.

Well it kinda is now.

They are the E.U., so "Europe" should work just like "America" works for the USA (even though there are two "Americas" with several countries each).

Just a thought. Some things we took for granted as youngsters are very different these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back