Carry the entire medical certificate?

Then you were committing a misdemeanor the entire time:
[8 USC 1304(e)

Now, have I seen this law enforced...no...but I was advised by competent counsel that I needed to carry it, and my reading of the law is the same, so I carry the damned thing!

Right, because they know you don't send your 10 year old out carrying their Green Card.

I'm still trying to figure out what cutting is needed. My medical has always been about 3.5" X 5.5 " and there is nothing you could cut out and still have all the information. I just fold it.

With the medXpress, the certificate can be printed on the computer so you have to cut the rest of the 8x11 paper away to make it normal sized.

Got my medical today using MedXPress. Now I know what you were talking about here. :)

If we can trust you to fly a multimillion-dollar airplane to minimums, I think we can trust you with scissors.

At least in your own home, if not in your carry-on.

If we can trust you to fly a multimillion-dollar airplane to minimums, I think we can trust you with scissors.

At least in your own home, if not in your carry-on.
Scissors can be a dangerous thing in my hands. :D

Just a reminder that as of July 20, the Special Issuance letter will no longer need to be carried if you have one:
http://www.eaa.org/news/2012/2012-03-22_issuance.asp said:
Requirement to Carry Your FAA Special Issuance Medical LOA Ends in July

March 22, 2012 – Today the FAA issued a direct final rule (Docket No. FAA-2012-0056; March 22, 2012) that eliminates the need for pilots with special issuance medical certificates to carry their FAA letter of authorization (LOA) on their person, or have it readily available, while exercising their pilot privileges. In the direct final rule the FAA states that this action will reduce the burden on approximately 28,000 airmen with special issuance medicals. It will go into effect on July 20, 2012.
Affected members should be aware of three very important aspects of this final rule:

1. Until the rule becomes effective on July 20, 2012, pilots must continue to carry their special medical issuance LOA.
  2. This rule only applies in the United States. If you fly internationally, you must carry your LOA in accordance with ICAO international law.
  3. You must continue to carry your FAA medical certificate or U.S. driver’s license, as appropriate, as required by FARs when exercising your pilot privileges.
"One of EAA's primary missions is to reduce the regulatory burden on our members," said Randy Hansen, government relations director. "This FAA direct to final rule eliminating the need to carry one's special issuance letter of authorization does just that and we thank the FAA for taking this regulatory step."

Thank you J_ysus that not a one commented in the comment period, eliminating the 90 day period before the publication period. I have been thinking for a long time that pilots were just an incorrigible bunch, what after Robert Miller and icing, etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back