Cardinals/Tigers NA

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
Love those Cardinals! When I was a kid, one of my boyhood heros was Stan "The Man" Musial. I have been a St. Louis fan ever since. My 8th grade science teacher at Bellview Jr High in Pensacola was a huge baseball fan and during the World Series in 1968 between St Louis and Detriot, he would get a TV from the library and except for the first 5-10 minutes of class, we watched the game. During science class that week, I watched as Bob Gibson threw 17 strike-outs in a row! That record stands to this day. GO Cardinals!

As a Detroit Area Native... I'm stunded... just last year the chant heard in the area was "GO LIONS! and take the Tigers with you!" Now the Tigers are in the World Series. I really can't belive it! But being my home town team, I've got to root for the Tigers.

GO TIGERS!

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
Love those Cardinals!

I do to, especially the RG models. But, it is hard to argue against the Tigers, those sliding canopies are nice to have in the hot southeast.

Missa said:
As a Detroit Area Native... I'm stunded... just last year the cant heard in the area was "GO LIONS! and take the Tigers will you!" Now the Tigers are in the World Series. I really can't belive it! But being my home town team, I've got to root for the Tigers.

GO TIGERS!
Yea Missa
GO TIGERS

Regards Mike

So far I'm outnumbered. Maybe yoose guyses pitcher can throw 17 consecutive strike-outs against the Cards. ;);)

I'm just happy there are no teams from New York involved! :cheerswine:

I'm a Cubs fan. So you can probably imagine my feelings towards the Cardinals.

And the Mets, for that matter... I spent the entire NLCS scouring the rule book to try to find a possible way for both of them to lose. Alas...

I gotta put my money on the Tigers. Better pitching. Better pitching always wins in the post season. Although that breaking ball Wainright threw last night to get Beltran looking was N-A-S-T-Y.

Cant wait to see Pujol's get all jelly legged when Zumaya blows a 103mph fast ball by him and follows it with a 80mph change up.

jeez after the twins got knocked out i forgot all about baseball. when does the series start?

N2212R said:
I gotta put my money on Grumman Tigers.

See Ed, I knew I would convince you! LOL!

:D

tonycondon said:
jeez after the twins got knocked out i forgot all about baseball. when does the series start?
Saturday in the Motor City for games 1 and 2 then to St Louis for games 3,4,5 then back to Detroit for games 6 and 7 if need be. Oh and watch when Zamaya throws 103 mph fastballs man is that something to see. This guy is wound up when on the mound.

Regards Mike

I'm a Tiger fan because I prefer low wings. Although the huge doors on the Cardinals is pretty nice.:D

Bill Jennings said:
I do to, especially the RG models. But, it is hard to argue against the Tigers, those sliding canopies are nice to have in the hot southeast.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Back