Carb Heat Control Cable

Notatestpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Notatestpilot
Hello,
I’m looking to replace my carb heat control cable with a button on the knob to lock and a ‘cable end’ to secure it on the carb heat door’s lever.
Anyone know the part number or name so I can order it at one of the website stores?
Thanks!

Hello,
I’m looking to replace my carb heat control cable with a button on the knob to lock and a ‘cable end’ to secure it on the carb heat door’s lever.
Anyone know the part number or name so I can order it at one of the website stores?
Thanks!
Button lock control with bare wire end and a b-nut or cable clamp to connect the bare end to the carb heat door.

Nauga,
getting warmer

For type-certified airplanes, the parts used must be as specified by the manufacturer in their parts catalog for that model, or be approved via PMA or STC or some other route acceptable to the FAA for substitution. Anything else makes the aircraft non-conforming to its type design, and therefore legally unairworthy.

So what model is that airplane?

For type-certified airplanes, the parts used must be as specified by the manufacturer in their parts catalog for that model, or be approved via PMA or STC or some other route acceptable to the FAA for substitution. Anything else makes the aircraft non-conforming to its type design, and therefore legally unairworthy.

So what model is that airplane?
In the Home Builders and Sport Pilots forum? Hmm...

Nauga,
MOTO

I’d posted under ‘homebuilts…’
This is not a certified airplane.
To my original post, if anyone know a applicable part number that I can buy on one of the popular websites; ie sound like aircraft screws and specialties.
Thanks

Macfarlane has some generic ones I believe.

I mean it's incorrect, but also somehow correct at the same time.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if we're allowed to name a business on this forum. I don't want to provide (free) advertisement, rather get a good part (name/number) I can use on my homebuilt carb heat control cable.

Hello,
Thanks!
If you search for "Carb Heat" on the Aircraft Spruce web page, it presents a number of options, from ~$20 to ~$200. You can even get a inserts for the knobs to label them.

Curious, though: You want one with a button on the knob to lock. I've never seen that on a carb heat control. Mixtures, yes, since inadvertent use of the mixture can kill the engine.

Ron Wanttaja

Simple strait wire cable and a bug nut. Atlee Dodge is where I get them.

Back