car search

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
My 430 Lexus is well maintined and runs great, but it's time for a change, I tried the new 460 but they are too sleek for us long-of-torsos so I gotta find a 2006 430 somewhere with less than 60k somewhee. Want silver with tan interior, all options. Where's the best site for that?

I found my new (to me) 5 on Autotrader.

Tried looking at Craigslist, because I was trying to find a car from an individual, but it seemed to be full of "amateur" dealers -- people who said they were the car's owner, but had no maintenance records and couldn't answer basic questions about the car. It didn't take me long to figure out they were buying at auction and trying to flip.

Might as well drive a Vega.

Is it any wonder that GM got trounced by Japan, Inc?

Hey, I remember when I was 16 years old how I lusted after that Cosworth Vega. It had the high performance double overhead cam Cosworth engine in a black Vega with some hotsy snotsy stripes and decals. Whooo baby. I'm so glad my mom had better sense than to listen to all my begging about what a collectors item that beauty would have been - all for the amazing price of something like $6,000. I ended up mowing lawns and working 3 part time jobs and ended up in a '72 Chevelle SS big block, 4-speed for $2,000 that had 25,000 miles on it. Now that's a car I wish I had back today!

And here I am trying to decide whether to sink the cost of a rebuilt transmission into my 2001 Acura. It only has 215K miles on it, little to no rust, and runs well aside from some shuddering when shifting between 2nd and 3rd. I'm already on the second transmission; the first having been replaced under warranty at less than 50K miles. The dealership is quoting $4700 for a rebuilt transmission. I could probably get one cheaper at an independent shop, but I may be better just going out and replacing the vehicle when the current transmission totally gives up the ghost.

You might try Copart.com , If they don't work out , I'll punch Brandon Bernstein for you!! :goofy:

Back