CAP Commander in the news, and it's not a good thing

Someone let his social media account get ahead of his brain:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article129895544.html
If he did it from his personal account, it's unacceptable but not a CAP issue. Stupid but not a CAP issue. If he did it from his CAP account or using his CAP signature, then he's gone from CAP. It may come under felony menacing laws but what do I know, I dropped out of law school.

Either way, adding that he's a CAP member is irrelevant. I'm sure he has other affiliations that are embarassing those organizations.

I see the name of the spokesperson speaking for the department that oversees the CAP budget is "Katie Horner". I wonder if that's THE "Katie Horner"?

Local channel 5 weather lady, pretty much run out of town for going over the top during t-storm or tornado warnings. Would interrupt whatever was on, especially sports, for hours warning viewers to TAKE SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. Of course the storm was well out of town by then and outside the channel 5 viewing area so she wasn't doing anyone any good.

Overland Park... says a lot if you know the place. LOL.

I spent two weeks there once, one with a broken airplane. Flew out to do an install and the airplane acted up using the descent and taxi in. Fouled plugs in cruise while leaned. The owner was highly annoyed because it had happened before and he worked with a great mechanic at the FBO there to try something different. It worked and I flew the plane home a week later. Then I had to catch a Commerical flight back because the customer wasn't ready the first week with all of their telecom circuits.

Anyway, so I'm there at a customer who never paid their bill through three equipment vendors, who's head technician was supposedly an ex-SEAL who had to make sure everyone knew constantly. I had my doubt but also thought, "Nice integrity, working through three equipment vendors over the years and never once paying an invoice on the gear the entire company ran on... great job."

The dude lived at TGI Fridays. Every freaking night I had to take him to TGI Friday's. You'd think this was a Bryan story with a Navy SEAL or imposter who spent every evening at TGI Friday's. But wait, there's more!

Of course, these things have a way of coming around. The first company to sell them equipment had long repossessed it (and saw company number two's gear installed while people went onsite with the Sheriff to pack up the rather large telecom gear and put it on a truck to take it away), and then they repossessed and company number three sold them gear.

Then company number one acquired company number three. And the Customer Service manager saw a name on his "new customers" list that looked familiar and started laughing. He called the accountants for company three and confirmed, no payments made yet.

He said he enjoyed ordering up the repossession paperwork and calling the Sheriff who remembered the other two repossessions and they were out there two days later repossessing equipment cabinet number three -- this time without warning, and the owner of the sleazy little company in Overland Park was fit to be tied... you see, by then there was only one equipment vendor left who sold that kind of telecom gear... and he'd just watched that last company loading his gear onto a truck and driving off with a smile.

Whole thing took about four years total. The owner of that company was never seen in anything LESS than a Ferrari.

Craziest freaking customer trip and multi-year follow up in my entire time in the telecom vendor biz.

Only the GTE/FAA guys were weirder and they were a harmless kind of weird. Fun too.

Not SEAL boy and his TGI Friday's fetish or his deadbeat boss driving sports cars. Definitely. Not. Fun.

Overland Park... says a lot if you know the place. LOL.

I spent two weeks there once, one with a broken airplane. Flew out to do an install and the airplane acted up using the descent and taxi in. Fouled plugs in cruise while leaned. The owner was highly annoyed because it had happened before and he worked with a great mechanic at the FBO there to try something different. It worked and I flew the plane home a week later. Then I had to catch a Commerical flight back because the customer wasn't ready the first week with all of their telecom circuits.

Anyway, so I'm there at a customer who never paid their bill through three equipment vendors, who's head technician was supposedly an ex-SEAL who had to make sure everyone knew constantly. I had my doubt but also thought, "Nice integrity, working through three equipment vendors over the years and never once paying an invoice on the gear the entire company ran on... great job."

The dude lived at TGI Fridays. Every freaking night I had to take him to TGI Friday's. You'd think this was a Bryan story with a Navy SEAL or imposter who spent every evening at TGI Friday's. But wait, there's more!

Of course, these things have a way of coming around. The first company to sell them equipment had long repossessed it (and saw company number two's gear installed while people went onsite with the Sheriff to pack up the rather large telecom gear and put it on a truck to take it away), and then they repossessed and company number three sold them gear.

Then company number one acquired company number three. And the Customer Service manager saw a name on his "new customers" list that looked familiar and started laughing. He called the accountants for company three and confirmed, no payments made yet.

He said he enjoyed ordering up the repossession paperwork and calling the Sheriff who remembered the other two repossessions and they were out there two days later repossessing equipment cabinet number three -- this time without warning, and the owner of the sleazy little company in Overland Park was fit to be tied... you see, by then there was only one equipment vendor left who sold that kind of telecom gear... and he'd just watched that last company loading his gear onto a truck and driving off with a smile.

Whole thing took about four years total. The owner of that company was never seen in anything LESS than a Ferrari.

Craziest freaking customer trip and multi-year follow up in my entire time in the telecom vendor biz.

Only the GTE/FAA guys were weirder and they were a harmless kind of weird. Fun too.

Not SEAL boy and his TGI Friday's fetish or his deadbeat boss driving sports cars. Definitely. Not. Fun.

TGI Fridays has pretty good ribs covered in jack Daniels sauce. And the flare. Why would t you go to see the flare.

Pretty sure the OP TGI Friday's closed years ago.

What company was it? Sounds like someone I used to know.

Which airport did you use?

They canned her for that?

"He should be swinging from a tree", that's a long ways from saying "I'm going to come to your house and have you hanging from a tree", whatever. And what's to investigate, she made if from her Facebook account, not like she made a fake account and a real death threat, ahh despite living in the north, I'm not a fan of snowflakes.

They canned her for that?

"He should be swinging from a tree", that's a long ways from saying "I'm going to come to your house and have you hanging from a tree", whatever. And what's to investigate, she made if from her Facebook account, not like she made a fake account and a real death threat, ahh despite living in the north, I'm not a fan of snowflakes.

It was him that made the threat to her. I think. I mean, made the statement. I agree with you it's not exactly a threat. Although if I were her I'd probably want it investigated. But I think people make too much of a deal over this kind of thing. It's a figure of speech.

It was him that made the threat to her. I think. I mean, made the statement. I agree with you it's not exactly a threat. Although if I were her I'd probably want it investigated. But I think people make too much of a deal over this kind of thing. It's a figure of speech.

From what I've seen the ones who are actually going to have someone swinging from a tree don't make little Facebook "threats".

Pretty sure the OP TGI Friday's closed years ago.

What company was it? Sounds like someone I used to know.

Which airport did you use?

Thank goodness. Hahaha.

I've been trying to remember the company name, but it's probably not important. I can picture the building though, way out on the south side.

Thank goodness. Hahaha.

I've been trying to remember the company name, but it's probably not important. I can picture the building though, way out on the south side.
Hmm, I live way out on the south side. I'd probably remember it, or know the building. No matter.

We used to go to that TGIF every now and then when we lived closer to it. But we haven't been for decades and it's long since been closed. I wonder where that guy hangs out now? Bennigan's is gone, too!

Thank goodness. Hahaha.

Was it roughly building-shaped? Had a roof, some doors? A parking lot? I can see it, too, just can't quite make out the name on the sign... I swear I've been there, though, and that all of my stories are true.

Hmm, I live way out on the south side. I'd probably remember it, or know the building. No matter.

We used to go to that TGIF every now and then when we lived closer to it. But we haven't been for decades and it's long since been closed. I wonder where that guy hangs out now? Bennigan's is gone, too!

I think they called themselves Executive Conferencing or ECI or something like that.

Why did all those places close? That area seemed not very housing-dense back then but was growing. Downturn of Sprint?

Sprint slowdown, probably.

Quite a few smaller companies around that area also had foreign ownership and when the international markets fell a lot of those places closed.

Sprint slowdown, probably.

Quite a few smaller companies around that area also had foreign ownership and when the international markets fell a lot of those places closed.

That's kinda sad. The area seemed to be doing okay, other than our insane customer there. The airport also seemed "busy enough" back then.

That trip was also my introduction to, "Oh holy crap, you flew yourself out there? The Director about had a heart attack. We realize we forgot to put it in the company handbook now, but please get that [insert "scary", "dangerous", whatever] airplane back here in one piece!"

Ahhh the joyful days of not knowing how stupidly paranoid companies are about light aircraft travel and blissful ignorance...

They figured it out when I saved them money... no airline ticket purchased through the travel agency. Didn't ask them to reimburse anything either. Just thought Denver to KC area was a nice short hoo for a Gutless (C-172RG). It was. Even when it broke and had to be fixed while it was there. Haha.

Back