Can't see imbeded video

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
Ok, what do I have set up wrong? These used to work, but now if I am looking at a post like below:
Departure from Sidnaw

All I see is a box with a little icon in the upper left (a small square with a square, circle and triangle in it) .

Youtube and the like work OK. I can click on links and they work OK. Just when they are imbedded like above

I don't recall changing anything lately, but with all the "automatic updates" that happen...

I assume the problem is just me since no one else seems to be complaining.

Any suggestions?

Internet explorer 7
Norton 360 firewall.

Well I can't say that it's "just you", but I can say it's not me too! Perhaps one of the security settings got switched during one of the updates? You could try an upgrade to IE8, or switch over to FireFox and see if that cures it. Or, of course, the famous Microsoft fix of old: reinstall the operating system! :no:

FWIW - updating to IE8 didn't work. Comparing all of the security / settings with a computer that did work didn't work. Dinking around with the firewall stuff didn't work.

Finally got sufficiently annoyed to install Mozilla Firefox. That asked me to install Adobe Flash player. That worked.

I guess the original problem was with the Adobe flash stuff that had gone south for some reason or another....

Back