Canadair wreck on ground - Africa

Comments say some of the passengers died on the ride to the hospital when an ambulance overturned enroute... talk about "Friday the 13th" luck...

That was hard to read, but it sounds like he commanded the power on takeoff and was unable to perform a power reduction. They turned the plane around and stowed one engine with the emergency shut down and landed OEI and taxiied to the terminal with one engine at WOT, and that it failed to stow on the ESD, the brakes failed to hold and he slammed into the building. My only real operational question is, "WTF did he taxi to the terminal for and place himself in a position where he could hit something?"

That was hard to read, but it sounds like he commanded the power on takeoff and was unable to perform a power reduction. They turned the plane around and stowed one engine with the emergency shut down and landed OEI and taxiied to the terminal with one engine at WOT, and that it failed to stow on the ESD, the brakes failed to hold and he slammed into the building. My only real operational question is, "WTF did he taxi to the terminal for and place himself in a position where he could hit something?"

No kiddin.. If I was was flying it and it would not shut down then a simple call the the fire engine stationed close would have cured that... A good blast of water into the compressor end would "put the fire out" for sure.. Motor would be junk but thats someone else's problem. :yesnod:

Last edited:
Other than running out of gas or hitting the firewall shutoff switch, is their any other way to kill an engine? I guess inducing a compressor stall. Is the option there, to select a tank to 'off'?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back