Can you guess who this is?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Can anyone guess who this nice man is, what he is doing, and why? :)

Attachments

• Grass strip trip 046.JPG
    Grass strip trip 046.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 184
well Dr. Bruce is removing your door of course, because its too darn nice outside to fly with the doors on!

It is Doc Chien. And he is preflighting your Citabria....presumably because you took him flying?

I thought it was Phil Boyer trying to repo your plane one piece at a time.

Hey, if I could get away with it, I'd steal the Citabria one piece at a time ;D
got it one piece at a time, and it didnt cost me a dime.

well what model is it?

its a 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 automobile.....

And he is preflighting your Citabria....presumably because you took him flying?
:D OK, here is another hint. This gentleman is very resourceful. :yes:

Attachments

• Door.JPG
    Door.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 103
Took the plane, but thought you wouldn't notice, as he left the door leaning up against the hangar wall ...

Doing some aerial photography??

Hopefully he's not the guy that holds the note on the Citabria.:hairraise:

Nah, he's just suggesting a way Diana can get the Citabra into W&B!

OKay. I'll spill. Diana had a really long day. She got down at 2C6 (grass) but it got gusty sufficient that she felt it better to tuck it in there (in an ancient hangar, but THANKS, Dave Shipley!), about 35 statute miles west. We were both working, so Diana had to kill 4 hours waiting for us.

Sue went to get her in the car at 3:00 p.m. We got Diana home but when I got back from work (~5:15 pm), we realized there was no way to get her back to 2C6 in the AM, at her discretion, as we were both working in the AM as well. So at 6:30 PM, I drove Diana BACK to 2C6, we got the Citabria out, got the hangar closed, and she flew 2C6 -3MY. Got some carb ice on departure, she thinks....

When we got 16Y tucked into 3MY she shut her Citab door- and there were her keys, wallet, etc. locked the Citabria. We moaned, quit, and went to supper. At about 10PM I figured out how to get the door off...

We got it back on, too :) and Diana is off to Michigan.
Thank you for staying with us, Diana...!

Last edited:
OKay. I'll spill. Diana had a really long day. She got down at 2C6 (grass) but it got gusty sufficient that she felt it better to tuck it in there (in an ancient hangar, but THANKS, Dave Shipley!), about 35 statute miles west. We were both working, so Diana had to kill 4 hours waiting for us.

Sue went to get her in the car at 3:00 p.m. We got Diana home but when I got back from work (~5:15 pm), we realized there was no way to get her back to 2C6 in the AM, at her discretion, as we were both working in the AM as well. So at 6:30 PM, I drove Diana BACK to 2C6, we got the Citabria out, got the hangar closed, and she flew 2C6 -3MY. Got some carb ice on departure, she thinks....

When we got 16Y tucked into 3MY she shut her Citab door- and there were her keys, wallet, etc. locked the Citabria. We moaned, quit, and went to supper. At about 10PM I figured out how to get the door off...

We got it back on, too :) and Diana is off to Michigan.

I think you summed it up pretty well. :yes:

Thank you for staying with us, Diana...!
Bruce, thank you SO much for everything! You have a lovely family, and a lovely home. You and Sue are very gracious and accommodating as host and hostess. :yes:

BTW, I stopped at Ace Hardware and bought more cotter pins. :)

Thanks again Bruce! :)

Late yesterday afternoon over Michigan, a rivet blew out of the cowling while I was flying along. The oil door still has two more rivets holding it on, and I'm trying to get to a mechanic to get the rivet replaced.

I had a great time with Barb up here. (Her mom is a wonderful cook too!) Barb has a fantastic place in the woods! She was also a great hostess and took good care of me, and she is also an incredible tour guide! It would take a month to fly to all the fascinating sites and airports in Michigan she mentioned.

Thanks Barb! I hope you made your destination today. :)

Thanks Barb! I hope you made your destination today. :)

It was great having you visit. Sorry I left without you. Where did you end up for the night?

I made it to Dayton, OH and meet a few neat people along the way. Got to say HI to Joe Oram at Green County-Dayton and his friends. Finally landed at Moraine Airpark and my folks were waiting at the railing. They got there 10 minutes before me.

Barb

Where did you end up for the night?
Well, first I landed at that grass strip with the body shop that you suggested. What nice people! The gentleman put in a new rivet with a washer behind it, so the oil door problem has been solved! He was fascinating and we talked for quite awhile. If we would have had more time, he would have taken me flying in his RV.

Then on to Shamrock Field. Landed there and tied the Citabria down and got a ride to a nice B&B (with wireless).

I'm having breakfast with Marty Mayes in the morning. I'm looking forward to meeting him. :yes:

Then on to Indiana, hopefully.

Finally landed at Moraine Airpark and my folks were waiting at the railing. They got there 10 minutes before me.

Barb
Timing turned out pretty good! You have great folks. :)

Any idea on when your going to be hitting Williamsport yet?

After the last two stops, it may be a let down. My Kitchen is in only slightly better condition then it was when Barb was here last year still not cabinet, sink, stove etc. And I really hope you do not need to have the door removed agian.

Missa

Back