Can I use Iphone5 as analog-digital amp

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My new hearing aids are going to have bluetooth and will be able to pick up streaming audio from my Iphone.

At my gym, many of the cardio machines have an audio jack and channel selector so I can watch various TV monitors and select the proper audio.

But the audio volume is always set too low for my bad hearing, even with the volume control all the way up.

I would like to plug the audio jack into my Iphone and then stream that audio (hopefully amplified) to my hearing aids.

Does this make sense, and if so, is it possible?

The hearing aid blue-tooth module is provided by Apple and I should have the first one in Florida. I love bleeding edge.

Last edited:
I don't think that device will do what JohnH wants but this should do the trick:

http://tinyurl.com/BtDongle1
Hey, that looks really cool. I'll check that out.
The thing Sac Arrow recommended looks like what I had been looking for until I ordered the bluetooth hearing aids.

I remember when people first started using those bluetooth ear pieces. They would be standing around talking to themselves and everyone thought they were crazy. But now everyone knows to look for those big things on one ear.

But nobody is going to see my hearing aids so when I am talking on the phone, or singing along with my play list everyone will be sure that I really am nuts.

I have been wearing hearing aids for about 35 years now and these are the first ones I have been looking forward to. But I still see stupid kids (and pilots) working around loud machinery, engines and firearms with no hearing protection and I want to go tell them how stupid they are. Like I was. But nobody wants to hear an old guy tell them that. Most people don't realize that hearing loss may occur years or decades after the aural abuse stops.

Back