can I fly a bottle of wine home?

Not sure I would have admitted to wine transport on a public forum. . .next you'll be telling us about Brie, buying a Volvo, and listening to NPR. . .

I thought wine was a view limiting device? It certainly seemed to be that way when I woke up the morning after...
My primary instructor and I used to go out drinking after ground school on Monday nights. He used to drive home with his IFR hood on because he said it helped him concentrate on the lines. I'm always surprised that I survived that portion of my training.

My primary instructor and I used to go out drinking after ground school on Monday nights. He used to drive home with his IFR hood on because he said it helped him concentrate on the lines. I'm always surprised that I survived that portion of my training.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.”

Really, really thinking about adding a Balloon rating - they carry and uncork a bottle of champagne at the end of the flight... I'm IN.

When you consider the fact that airlines and corporate jets are regularly opening bottles of wine while cruising the flight levels with a cabin altitude around 8000', I'm not sure that you would even have a problem opening the bottle in flight.

We usually bring a case to Oshkosh with us, but I may need more as the some of the Snowbirds threaten to come down and drink with us.
I was planning on bringing some growlers to the party, I guess Ill have to throw a few extra in there then.

As for airlines, the more common issue with wine is that it got exposed to temperature extremes in the handling process. I've had stuff served to me anywhere from above room temperature to frozen.

Are we gonna wine about it through multiple pages in this thread? :)

The more important question for 6PC is: can you log it? (where's that handy chart?) :D

Back