Can airplanes be far behind?

This seems like a great tool. It only scares me where this can take technology.

Think... "Minority Report."

Airplanes? Try paraplegics. This is sci-fi kinda stuff. Great if it works.

I did a report on the F-22 back in 1993, and they said they were developing a system to read the pilot's eye and head movements and some vaguely worded things that reminded me of the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox.

I remember reading about a project at Wright-Patt years ago where they were successful in getting a dot to move around a screen using a wired up fighter pilot as the test subject. Never heard any more about it.

Mind control comes to gaming...

http://emotiv.com/corporate/

Airplanes ARE already there. I saw a program on one of the Discovery networks a few years ago where they showed two mind-control devices related to aviation.

The first was for mechanics and was a hands-free documentation system. It had navigation buttons that all flashed at different frequencies and a sensor that was placed over the visual cortex (at the back of the head). By focusing on a particular button, a particular frequency would be noted by the sensor and the page would be turned, for example.

The second was way nuttier: A mind-control flight system. It looked like they were doing biofeedback training as the computer couldn't literally read the pilot's mind, but the pilot had to sit in the sim and try to think the plane in certain directions. After a while, the pilot would learn how the plane responded to various thought patterns and would be able to control the plane (they were pretty well out of control at the beginning!)

Crazy stuff...

Back