Can a student pilot take Commercial Written Exam

Chapel K.

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chapel
Good afternoon!

I am new to the forum, and would appreciate some guidance. It might be an unique situation. I passed the private written exam and got my solo done. Unfortunately, the lockdown doesn't allow me to have my private pilot check-ride. I am taking the IFR rating written exam end of the month and there's no sign that I could get a checkride before end of the Jun.

I am just wondering if my student pilot license can support me to take the commercial written exam.

Would highly appreciate any input!

Chapel

Am sorry. Just realized that I might have posted to the wrong area... just noticed this is "flight plan" section. apologize.

Go for it. Some material carry’s over from the private. And if you are going for the commercial it makes sense

go ahead and study for the AGI too. Most of the commercial material is the same.

The test is only good for two years. I'm not sure why you're so much in a hurry to crank out the writtens without even a PPL.

I see your point. Appreciated. Largely because got bored at home. Also, I should get my PPL check-ride done once the COVID thing is gone...God knows when.

Go for it. Some material carry’s over from the private. And if you are going for the commercial it makes sense

go ahead and study for the AGI too. Most of the commercial material is the same.
Thanks. AGI, wow! Sure. Will try it out.

You will need to also pass the FOI to get the certificate from the FAA. But take the test while the info is fresh in your head!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Flight Instructor Knowledge test doesn’t require an endorsement

Back