Can a "limited to...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...centerline thrust" MEL safety pilot in a normal twin?

:ihih:

Yup! Can't go flying, everyone I know is busy, I've watched every DVD I own (not today though, I haven't perfected time dilation yet), and I have nothing better to do.

(1) Ed Fred. NOPE. Not rated for type.
(2) Retrieved a student(good friend) from KMKE this AM. That was a lot of fun :). I know, I suck.

Last edited:
Where is MWK ?

I know MWC and MKE.

(1), but that centre-line thrust ME pilot is rated in category and class...he just has a restriction on his license.
Jeff, I did a cursory opinions and Interpretations search. Ed Fred is a CFI and can do this, too.

All of the body of opinions are that the CFI and or Safety pilot, has to be approriately qualified on his pilot cert. to act as a safety pilot, and have a current medical.

Though I cannot find with a cursory search, the opinion, that says the CL thrust limited ME pilot cannot be a safety nor act as CFI (if the CFI's pilot cert is limited to CL thrust), Ed wil contend that "if you can't find the prohibition, he is permitted".

But with the body of the interps, I personally aren't going there. Get approriately trained if you're going to act as required crew.

That AMEL class rating carries the limitation saying it is valid for CLT only. If it's not a CLT airplane, it's not valid for that aircraft in any capacity (either PIC or SIC).

Back