CAF approves relocation

I'm not a member of CAF so I don't have any skin in the game, but it seems odd to me that 4 of the six are in the Dallas area. I do think moving from Midland will be a good thing for the organization.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that I could have sworn I got an email from the CAF within the last couple months saying they had made the decision to STAY in Midland. Now they say they're moving? What gives?

Other than the smell of crude (read, money) in the air, what's their reason for moving?

I thought they where going yo spend more time trying to reganalise .

What doesn't make sense to me, is that I could have sworn I got an email from the CAF within the last couple months saying they had made the decision to STAY in Midland. Now they say they're moving? What gives?

Other than the smell of crude (read, money) in the air, what's their reason for moving?

This article in the Dallas Morning News explains it...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...e-may-move-its-headquarters-from-w.-texas.ece

Thanks for the link. Can't help but wonder if they're not promoting themselves enough. The Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, OR is not close to Portland but seems to have truly good attendance, and they're not on a busy highway.

They should move to NYC, it is where they belong after changing their name.:lol:

Thanks for the link. Can't help but wonder if they're not promoting themselves enough. The Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, OR is not close to Portland but seems to have truly good attendance, and they're not on a busy highway.

Midland is literally hundreds of miles from any major population center. They are doing this to generate more money. I would guess they will bring in a million or two more $ a year in the Dallas area, and McKinney is the best choice.

The McKinney-Allen-Frisco area is one of the fastest growing and most affluent in the nation. KTKI has a new runway and tower, and the City of McKinney just took over ownership of the airport. I imagine they will offer a deal on taxes to the CAF, and possibly on hangar construction too.

Back