Cabin's at 6Y9 Fly-In

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
For those who may want more than a tent.

I have temporarily reserved the two cabin's adjacent to the field ,behind the Sidnaw Mini-mart.
They each have two bedroom's ,2 per bedroom, and a fold out futon in thesmall living/eating area, so you could squeeze in 6 total.
They also each have a kitchenette,dishes,etc, bathroom with small shower. Flush toilet's!! yes I know ,WOW!!!!!
They are small but very clean, nice and 100ft from the airfield.
Call Tom or Bev at 1 906 355 2257 to reserve.

Be sure!, as they may not offer a refund if the weather goes sour. This is because they could rent them to people that drive rather than fly also.
So be serious.
The dates are Sept.4th (Fri.)-7th(Mon)
Let me know if you reserve them so I stop promoting when they are taken.

We can get creative on some other inside accomodations, but might not be as nice, maybe a little on the rugged side.
Let me know what you might be looking for,we'll see what we can come up with.
And NO, Scott, the Hilton has not put their new place up,yet, our negotiation's demanded a little more air traffic from them:rofl:

Hmm... depending on who comes with me I may just sleep in the Aztec. :D

I'll go for the tent behind the plane personally. I had a great time doing that last year, this year should be just as fun. :)

I'm in for the AzTruck and a tent as long as there are showers nearby or nobody cares what I smell like.

I'm in for the AzTruck and a tent as long as there are showers nearby or nobody cares what I smell like.

Clearly, if I'm sleeping in the truck you are not. :D

There is a shower in the school. But since most all of us are tent bound our odors tend to blend ;)

We just use 100LL as cologne. ;)

We'll be camping. Where does everyone camp, on the strip or back at the Frederick house like the first year?

nick ive been there every year that you haven't and we've always camped under wing. or next to wing if you fly a low wing airplane.

nick ive been there every year that you haven't and we've always camped under wing. or next to wing if you fly a low wing airplane.

Sweet! I love sleeping on grass in a tent. Much more enjoyable than sleeping on pine cones and roots like we get out here :D

Will be good to see everyone again!

CRS GRS FEW-SCT000

:D

There are some grass stalks that can make for a long night if you don't lay down some padding under the tent first. Not sure about the burrs though.

CRS GRS FEW-SCT000

:D

There are some grass stalks that can make for a long night if you don't lay down some padding under the tent first. Not sure about the burrs though.
There were a lot of burrs out where I was at. A simple plastic ground cloth took care of them but did leave some indentations in the plastic. I was also sleeping on a double thick thermarest so I was very comfy.

I just figure enough crown and Jack will nake you not notice the burrs :D:D:D

I'll try and manicure the area a little better.:rolleyes:
We started with pretty course/ thick grass/weeds, it's getting better the more we cut it.
Priority has been the runway which is cut about every two weeks, the area we park and tent in get's cut about once every 4-6 weeks.
Maybe I could run the roller over it before you get there and break down the stubble a bit more.
I have not seen burrs of any kind.
Might be good to have a pad between you and the tent floor and a light weight tarp under your tent.

I'm thinking the burrs are just the ones that are permanently lodged under his saddle ;)

OK
Look's like no one want's a cabin, and tent's are the prefered shelter.
I will call the Sidnaw Minimart and cut the hold loose.
Anyone interested in them from this point on can all Tom or Bev at 1 906 355 2257.

Look's like no one want's a cabin, and tent's are the prefered shelter.
I need a cabin (or some inside place), but won't know if I can be there until much closer. I'll call the minimart when I know for sure.

The old town hall we have will be usable ,but no electric there this year as it cost $240 a year to keep it hooked up,we opted to disconnect until we decide to rennovate.
The other option is the school, creepy maybe ,but electric is there. Obviously Mini-mart cabins have it all.

At least ONE person needs to get a cabin so that when the first ever 6Y9 thunderstorm rolls through, we can find a way to cram 30 people into one of those tiny things. :)

Maybe we should all chip in and reserve one just to have it as a stand-by and a cool spot if needed. How much do they cost?

Egh, if there's a thunderstorm I'll just hop in my plane. "Aztec, state conditions" "Heavy rain outside, light rain inside."

Besides, if there's a real thunderstorm we can probably pitch our tents in the school. I'm not particularly interested in reserving a room just to have on hand, but then again I don't mind getting wet. :)

Egh, if there's a thunderstorm I'll just hop in my plane. "Aztec, state conditions" "Heavy rain outside, light rain inside."

Besides, if there's a real thunderstorm we can probably pitch our tents in the school. I'm not particularly interested in reserving a room just to have on hand, but then again I don't mind getting wet. :)

That's why high-wings rule. Throw a tarp over the wing and you're good to go. :yes:

Of course, you could do that with a big low-wing too - Like a King Air 200 or bigger. :D

All you need to do is make a sleeve that slips/hangs over the low wing, toss the sleeping bag on the ground and you've got a tent. No need for a 6' high dome tent.

If it rains we can cram in the 9000 sq.ft school no problem !
Let's not even think rain(or snow:nono:):D

FYI
Both cabins at the Mini Mart are now taken.

Back