CA 5150 and SSRI

A

AnonCA

Long and short of it, was put on a 5150 hold in California for eval for potential suicidal ideation. It’s documented I looked at my records. This was 2 years ago. Been on the exact same medication, or of the 4 SSRIs, since then, doing well according to my psych MD.

Long shot?
Just do LSA?
Stay out of the skies?

The involuntary hold and suicide is going to make things difficult. You're looking at two problems here:

1. The underlyng mental condition.
2. The SSRI use.

You can expect a lot of expensive testing on this. You're going to start off with the basic PPP battery, that's going to take a few thousand. Then you're likely to need an evaluation by a HIMS psych and that will take as many visits to him as he feels necessary for him to understand you. Then it all requires favorable reports from all this. Two years and a statement of your current psych that you are "OK to fly" isn't going to mean anything.

You probably need to have a frank, non-examination discussion with Dr. B or someone of similar caliber.

As we have privately discussed, "notachance" until 10 years. And that's not 10 years fallen off the face of the planet, it's 10 years of good psychiatric hygiene, function, no events no meds, as documented by period visits to someone in a position to know, usually a Ph.D psychologist.

Like Dr. Lou, anyone knowledgeable will give you the same answer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back