C182P Shoulder Belt Inertia Reel Upgrade?

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
Looking to upgrade my fixed shoulder belt to an retractable inertia reel in my 1973 182p...getting tired of having to disconnect to get to fuel selector and getting situated before takeoff. In looking around and searching the interwebs, looks like I can just go with an OEM type "upgrade" and don't need a full STC'd kit since the mounting point already exists but only finding full replacement sets for both seats..

My question is...anyone know of a source that I can replace JUST the left seat shoulder strap with a reel...don't want a full "kit" as the passenger being a fixed strap is just fine and my lap belts are fairly new and in really good shape.

Thought about going to a four point system but didn't wanna get into any modifications...just want a bolt on solution.

Last edited:
Why don't you want the passenger to be able move freely? I suppose you could to just install one side, if you chose to do so.

The four point BAS harnesses require only minimal alteration to the cabin to access the hard hard point overhead.

I have a whole list of upgrades on the wish list that take priority for me over a full seat belt set replacement or modification...just looking for a cheap and easy solution in order for me to be able to lean forward when needed...of course in aviation nothing is cheap and easy!

Back