C-2 at KNGU

Yep, saw the video. The COD was the one plane I HATED riding in - you sit backwards in the back end on it (Sorry, Buck, but you did all your hours in the front office, so your opinion doesn't change my mind one bit!). Good work on this landing - right on the center line and got a good trap - not that it really needed much help slowing down while sliding on its belly. I don't recall the emergency procedures any more for a gear up in the E-2 (similar airframe; same tail, wings and engines) but I suspect the starboard engine was shut down to prevent the prop from walking thru the fuselage in the event of a prop strike. Guess I'll bug my buddy Buck (4000 hr C-2 pilot) about this one.

gkainz said:
Yep, saw the video. The COD was the one plane I HATED riding in - you sit backwards in the back end on it (Sorry, Buck, but you did all your hours in the front office, so your opinion doesn't change my mind one bit!). Good work on this landing - right on the center line and got a good trap - not that it really needed much help slowing down while sliding on its belly. I don't recall the emergency procedures any more for a gear up in the E-2 (similar airframe; same tail, wings and engines) but I suspect the starboard engine was shut down to prevent the prop from walking thru the fuselage in the event of a prop strike. Guess I'll bug my buddy Buck (4000 hr C-2 pilot) about this one.

I saw it also. The pilot did a nice job. Seemed like there was minimal damage to the aircraft as the engines were high wing mounted and no prop strike.

The engines are high wing mounted, but the nacelle is quite large and slung under the wing. If I recall correctly, prop to ground clearance was about knee high during preflight. However, the belly was considerably lower than that, so I'm not surprised if there was no prop strike. The C-2 belly is a lot flatter than the E-2.

Back