C-17's over camp bullis

Ray F

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ray F
So I live just a few miles from Camp Bullis here in San Antonio. last nite at around 11:00 I hear what sounds like a commercial jet but it sounds like it's super low, I look outside and there's two c17s in formation at what seems to me couldn't have been more than a couple thousand feet, it seemed really low. Over the next hour every couple of minutes two more would fly over. Started to freak me out a bit, for a min I was thinking Red Dawn. This morning I read the news and it was part of the Jade Helm exercise. They were supposed to have over 500 troops jump in to camp bullis from 1200 feet the news said.

Let us know if you see a dozen or so of these. If so...that's your sign to be worried.

d1ecfa74b09db584521f0bcf456a24da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a good thing when the military can practice,for the real thing. We are weakens but not defeated. Hopefully a new administration will re build the military back to the world leader.

When the weather is clear we will have C-17s doing practice approaches here in Homer. They are not bad. The C-130s are louder. The C-206s on floats are the loudest of all.... and just across the street from me WFO on take offs.

They do all kinds of interesting things at Camp Bullis. Back when I was instructing at 5C1 it was fun to keep a distant eye on stuff. They do drops and other fun stuff there, and Jade Helm doesn't scare me one bit because this stuff is going on there all the time. If you watch NOTAMS for the area long enough you'll see another parachute drop!

Back