C-17 in Juneau

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Don't get to many large aircraft in Juneau. Sitting on the tailgate drinking a pop after a short flight and took a few pictures of this C-17
IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1121.JPG

Corrected, I thought it was a C-5....
No winglets on a C-5...plus a C-5 in the pattern looks like there is no way it can stay in the sky.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I sat watching a midland angels baseball game and a C-5 in the pattern. It wasn't a particularly tight pattern and it seemed like it spent forever driving around that rectangle in the sky. It is sloooow.

C17s in pairs are common in Anchorage area airspace. Don't take their wakes casually!

That's Fairbanks, not Juneau. Juneau doesn't have winglets.

"Best wings I've ever had." Come on. When you've got like one wing joint in the entire state, I guess they are the best. People go to Alaska for smoked Salmon...that's it.

Man, my wife sure fell in love with smoked salmon.... She is pestering me to get another summer job in Alaska.

Man, my wife sure fell in love with smoked salmon.... She is pestering me to get another summer job in Alaska.

Yeah, a guy I knew in the military was from Alaska. He had some sent over to Kosovo when we were there. Stuff was awesome! Way better than the beef jerky we typically had.

Back