Bye, Ted.

I didn't know Ted was still running. I used to see them all the time - in the last six months I think I've seen one, maybe two of their planes; I actually had a conversation with a couple other pilots about that, we thought they just hadn't repainted their planes. Things are getting more interesting by the day.

I'm still here! :(

Ted was really just and airline within an airline. Pilots were UAL pilots much like Delta's failed attempt at Song. Good news is that they haven't said they would be furloughing pilots yet. Greg can give the correct answer to this but I hear they are still understaffed, not unlike every other network carrier.

I didn't know Ted was still running. I used to see them all the time

I remember they used to be pretty big around IAD - maybe they moved their planes after Indy Air went Tango Uniform (RIP). I see them a lot in/out of DEN.

Well, they said that they would be grounding all of their 737's and six 747's as well, so I'm guessing that they'll have to furlough or lay off those pilots:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/business/05airtext.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

BTW - Ted really was an airline within an airline - they even used the "United" callsign (I heard while listening on Channel 9 in the cabin IFE system, another United trait).

Oh, that Ted. I thought that the news was that Teddy Kennedy had died.

I fly UAL out of Albany a lot. It was always a pleasure when I could get on one of the 737 flights instead of yet another RJ. Oh, well, the RJs get there, too.

Just when I thought we'd be rid of another engineer... I misread the title!

:D

The particular "Ted" being discussed shall not be missed. The other... well.... yes, he would be.

Nobody really mourns the end of Ted.

As far as furloughs go, there will be between 1,000 and 1,500 pilots affected. I am not sure of the timeline. But they will start shortly after the grounding of the airplanes.

It won't really affect me too much. Well, at least not in the near future.

Ted lives (lived) in Denver.

I'm really sorry to hear about the predicted furloughs. I know know 4 or 5 people who were furloughed the first time in 2001 and 2002 and were finally were able to go back about a year ago. I'm pretty sure these same people will be affected again. :(

Last edited:
Wow - glad TED got us home from Cancun yesterday before going buh-bye...

Anyone want to come fly me?
Nick might hit it! ;)
rosieksm.jpg

:cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine:

Nobody really mourns the end of Ted.

As far as furloughs go, there will be between 1,000 and 1,500 pilots affected. I am not sure of the timeline. But they will start shortly after the grounding of the airplanes.

It won't really affect me too much. Well, at least not in the near future.

Wow, 1000-1500 furloughs? That is tough. This is really a worse time than 9/11 as far as industry downturn goes. I hate that, we just had several great folks leave my current company for UAL and I am sure in the end run it was a good decision but I feel for them in the short run.

Back