Buying an RV-6a/7a

No it's about dissing E-AB. This is the home builders forum. How many posts have you had in this forum before this thread? You are simply piling on and now bashing newbies. :rolleyes:
Nah. I've seen the negative results too often. Near, dear and personal. NTSB thinks the same.

Go count my prior posts, in this forum. There are quite a few. It's not about the airplanes. It's about the pilots.

The EAB mavens at EAA magazine cite engine/fuel/electrical problems as the primary culprits. Are engines that much different than certified planes? Are most of them used? Are inspection requirements the same?

Don't count all experimental, what's the difference between the RV community and certified? Note, I consider the airframes equally good.

The EAB mavens at EAA magazine cite engine/fuel/electrical problems as the primary culprits. Are engines that much different than certified planes? Are most of them used? Are inspection requirements the same?

Well, as in the Jackson Hole accident, it may be listed as a mechanical failure, but the guy lost control of the airplane is what made it fatal.

Well, as in the Jackson Hole accident, it may be listed as a mechanical failure, but the guy lost control of the airplane is what made it fatal.

Actually, the NTSB will likely report the fatal crash was due to the pilot's failure to maintain proper airspeed and control of the aircraft with engine failure as a contributing factor. It's what they usually do in a low level stall case like this.

Nah. I've seen the negative results too often. Near, dear and personal. NTSB thinks the same.

Go count my prior posts, in this forum. There are quite a few. It's not about the airplanes. It's about the pilots.

And you are good at what yiu do, in the medical field. Bashing experimental planes and and the pilots that fly them seem counter productive. :dunno:

Currently the difference in accidents rates for certified -v- experimental is .3%. Those stats were reported here, I didn't look them up . I suspect as more CFI's use there E-AB's for training that number will be reduced further in time. :dunno:

Rod Hightower, while he was President of EAA, claimed Ex/Ab aircraft outcrashed their certificated brethren 6 to one. The FAA doesn't get their feathers ruffled for a .3% change. They don't threaten airframe manufacturers either.

You still don't get it, and no evidence so far that you will ever get it. It's not the planes.

And you are good at what yiu do, in the medical field. Bashing experimental planes and and the pilots that fly them seem counter productive. :dunno:

Back