Burn Notice burning plane

spinfire

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dan
I was watching the first episode of Season 2 of Burn Notice and there is a scene where a twin engine plane is on fire. This is explained as they were about to take off, then ambushed by people who shot them and set the plane on fire. However, shots clearly reveal that the prop tips are bent as they would be in a gear up. Do you suppose the production company got a totaled gear up landed multi for cheap and torched it? I bet a multi landed gear up is pretty cheap!

:confused::yes::lol:

I was watching the first episode of Season 2 of Burn Notice and there is a scene where a twin engine plane is on fire. This is explained as they were about to take off, then ambushed by people who shot them and set the plane on fire. However, shots clearly reveal that the prop tips are bent as they would be in a gear up. Do you suppose the production company got a totaled gear up landed multi for cheap and torched it? I bet a multi landed gear up is pretty cheap!

:confused::yes::lol:
There is some inconsistency in that scene too. I think they change planes between scenes (probably because of what you mention). I read it on IMDB.

Lots of continuity errors in things like that. N numbers change, old tape is used. I particularly like the shows that were supposed to be US based cities and you see Canadian registered planes AND Canadian flags on cop cars and uniforms. There are a lot of shows produced in Toronto or Vancover, BC. They do a fine job with the show but you know that aren't US even though they try to pass them off that way.
Flashpoint (on ION now) comes to mind as well as the summer replacement "The Bridge" which actually used the same equipment as Flashpoint.
Besides, they don't expect people to be watching that closely and looking up the registration at registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry!
Or am I the only one?

Back