Burgers - Calhoun, GA May 22

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
Can you eat a burger AND hit the spot?

EAA 268 is hosting another burger flip at Calhoun, GA (CZL) on Saturday, May 22nd. The burgers will be served between 11:30 and 1:30, and the proceeds from burger sales will go to the chapter's hangar project.

However, the real treat is the spot landing contest, which will begin with a briefing at 12:30. If you want to participate, you've gotta attend the briefing (EAA rules and insurance - I'm sure everyone understands.) There will be a trophy for the winner of the spot landing contest. The winner can put the trophy on the mantle, in the hangar, or in the workshop and tell tremendous lies about it for years to come. Think of it as the prize that keeps on giving! Also, think of the grief you can give your buddies when you beat their awkward attempts at spot landings. ;-)

Other attractions will be an EAA Chapter meeting that will begin at 10:00 to take a look at a chapter member's new RV-9 (visitors are welcome), cheap fuel (Calhoun's fuel is cheap anyway, but attendees will get another $0.20 discount), and of course the trophy. Also, it's pretty likely that we'll have at least one RV-12 in attendance if you haven't seen one up close.

At last month's burger flip, we had a great mix of antiques, experimentals, and modern certified craft despite the inconvenient arrival of a rain front. The star of the show was either the Carbon Cub that required a 20' takeoff roll or the Stinson that made that great round motor sound as it rumbled past. I'm not sure we'll get better aircraft or attendees this month, but we'd love to have more of each.

I hope some of you will drop in!

Kyle Boatright

Back