Bummer Saturday

gturner

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GJ Turner
KSRC121953Z AUTO 23018G25KT 10SM CLR 27/01 A2958 RMK AO2 SLP018 T02720006 $=
Too windy, so my instructor cancelled. Ruins the whole day.
Gary

Gary, isn't it awful! We got about 8 inches of snow today, so I am bummed, too.

Hang in there, nice weather's coming.

And here I set in 70 degree sun shine weather enjoying the flowers all in bloom.

I'd go flying but Barb has a honey do list (spring time stuff)

Our back yard today.

Last edited:
When will the Midwest winter break? Not until California washes away and the Pacific NW burns. Sigh.

Just got done with some multi engine dual. Had to quit because the student's Janitrol heater overtemped.....

Hang in there--just a bump in the road.

This was Denver earlier today... Notice the impressive wind shift! We got to sit in line for 40minutes waiting to get out of there this morning, number 24 for takeoff. Rather bumpy ride, too.

[font=Monospace,Courier]KDEN 121853Z COR 06025G37KT 10SM BLDU FEW080 SCT130 SCT220 14/M06 A2978 RMK AO2 PK WND 29040/1823 WSHFT 1848 SLP041 LWR VIS NW ACSL DSNT S-W-NW [/font]

[font=Monospace,Courier]KDEN 121844Z 36019G30KT 10SM BLDU FEW080 SCT130 SCT220 16/M06 A2977 RMK AO2 PK WND 29040/1823 WSHFT 1827 LWR VIS NW AND SE ACSL DSNT S-W-NW[/font]

[font=Monospace,Courier]KDEN 121753Z 29028G35KT 7SM BLDU FEW080 SCT130 SCT220 17/M13 A2973 RMK AO2 PK WND 28035/1750 SLP020 ACSL DSNT W[/font]

As Tom noted, clear and a million here in the Pacific Northwest today (this is March, isn't it???). However, my wife got home from the hospital yesterday after having her shoulder worked on Tuesday night, so I'm home with a honey do list, too. Maybe tomorrow afternoon (after the list of things that need to be done then)?

Ghery said:
As Tom noted, clear and a million here in the Pacific Northwest today (this is March, isn't it???). However, my wife got home from the hospital yesterday after having her shoulder worked on Tuesday night, so I'm home with a honey do list, too. Maybe tomorrow afternoon (after the list of things that need to be done then)?
Ghery~ How did the repair surgery to your wife's shoulder go? Hope all is well, as things like that can be a real bummer. Please wish her well from all of us here on the board!

Weather excellent here in Spokaloo also. Began a month of graveyard shifts last night, so slept through the nice but windy day here. Maybe next Mon - Wed will still be nice while I'm off. Sure going to be a bummer of a fire season though. Drove over Snoqualmie Pass last weekend, and it looked like late April, early May... bare and brown. Only had to shovel the sidewalk and driveway twice all winter. Water is going to be in such short supply here, I think I'll start transitioning to beer ;)

gturner said:
KSRC121953Z AUTO 23018G25KT 10SM CLR 27/01 A2958 RMK AO2 SLP018 T02720006 $=
Too windy, so my instructor cancelled. Ruins the whole day.
Gary

Gary, I feel your pain. Similar winds cancelled my second acro lesson in the Citabria. Outlaws in town next week, so no lesson then, either. I guess two weeks from now.:confused:

n741dm said:
Ghery~ How did the repair surgery to your wife's shoulder go? Hope all is well, as things like that can be a real bummer. Please wish her well from all of us here on the board!

Thanks. I'll pass on the good wishes.

I haven't had a chance to talk to her doctor. I was out of town all week on business (heck of a time to be gone), but the 'kids' (24 and 28) were around to help out. The word I get is that she will be off work for another month healing up, then physical therapy, etc. Probably 2 years before she has full range of motion again. In addition to adding hardware to put the shoulder joint back together he manipulated the pieces of the shoulder blade to get them into better alignment so that they can grow back together. I hear he commented that it was a difficult operation. I'm just glad I don't work his hours. He started on her about 5:30 PM. This was after replacing a hip joint in one patient and performing another operation before getting to Marilyn. Yikes!

A week ago Thursday we were in her surgeon's office for x-rays and to schedule the surgery. Everyone kept stopping by to look at the CAT scan pictures. Then, on Tuesday while she was waiting to go into surgery the head of the operating area dropped by to tell her that everyone was commenting on the CAT scan. Nobody had ever seen someone so thoroughly wreck a shoulder blade and everyone had to take a look. No sense doing something half way, I guess.

Now she gets to tell us where to put flowers in the garden. Normally she'd be out digging, but I guess I get the duty. Plants are her thing, not mine. Guess that has to do with her having the horticulture degree from WSU, while I have the engineering degree... ;)

Glad it went OK Ghery. This particular operation is usually an awfully bloody procedure. Whew.

Back