Bum bum bum, da bum bum bum..Go Pack, Go!

my understanding was that packer stock could not be traded. you could either will it to a direct relative or sell it back to the Packers for something like 5 cents. One of the guys at my dads bar has one share. He want's dad to do Free Beer for Packers Stockholders for the super bowl.

I bought Packers stock during the last stock sale in 1997. I bought just enough to say I'm an NFL owner. The price was $200.00 per share plus a $15.00 service charge per order. At the time of the sale potential buyers were told the corporation will buy it back at the same price at any time. To my knowledge no stockholder has taken them up on the offer.

Regardless of what Wikipedia says, I'm pretty sure the 1997-98 stock issue shares do NOT have voting rights, unless something has changed since then.

I bought stock at that time, those shares do have voting rights and always have.

I bought Packers stock during the last stock sale in 1997. I bought just enough to say I'm an NFL owner. The price was $200.00 per share plus a $15.00 service charge per order. At the time of the sale potential buyers were told the corporation will buy it back at the same price at any time. To my knowledge no stockholder has taken them up on the offer.
I wish they would have another stock offering. They could use it to build the biggest football stadium as they really need it.

I'ma Steelers and Pengiuns fan, but think this Super Bowl will be an awesome matchup between two great teams with class organizations behind them.

It seems like there are eras when money alone buys championship. Nice to see that's not the case right now.

There has to be a winner and a loser, unfortunately, but both teams are examples of how to do things.

It really is cool. It's also why the Packers truly are "America's Team" - There are Packers owners (stockholders) in all 50 states.

Ahem.....

There are Pittsburgh Steeler fans in every state and likely every country on Earth.

Except perhaps France.

I think fans of every NFL team could be found in every state and perhaps every country on Earth. But I'm confident that the only team that has owners in every state is the Green Bay Packers.

I grew up in Green Bay in the '60s. Times were good then for the Packers, they got pretty lean in the '70s. Playoff football is more fun when you have a reason to pull for a team. It wasn't hard for me to back the Steelers in the '70s during the playoffs. They were an older NFL team that had never won a championship, they had a model owner in Art Rooney, and they had a local boy playing for them that was also the only NFL player to have served in Vietnam, Rocky Bleier of Appleton, Wisconsin.

But that was then, this is now, Go Pack!

I think fans of every NFL team could be found in every state and perhaps every country on Earth. But I'm confident that the only team that has owners in every state is the Green Bay Packers.

I grew up in Green Bay in the '60s. Times were good then for the Packers, they got pretty lean in the '70s. Playoff football is more fun when you have a reason to pull for a team. It wasn't hard for me to back the Steelers in the '70s during the playoffs. They were an older NFL team that had never won a championship, they had a model owner in Art Rooney, and they had a local boy playing for them that was also the only NFL player to have served in Vietnam, Rocky Bleier of Appleton, Wisconsin.

But that was then, this is now, Go Pack!

There are lots of connections between the two cities -- for example Green Bay's coach is from Greenfield (a suburb just outside of Pittsburgh).

Good read here.

I wish they would have another stock offering. They could use it to build the biggest football stadium as they really need it.

I think the size is just about right, although I think seating will be added at the south end due to the success of the sun lamps on the turf.

One might reasonably assume that the smallest NFL stadium would be found in the smallest metro area that hosts an NFL team. But Lambeau Field ranks tenth in seating capacity, with just forty seats less than the Louisiana Superdome. The smallest stadium is Soldier Field.

I think the size is just about right, although I think seating will be added at the south end due to the success of the sun lamps on the turf.

One might reasonably assume that the smallest NFL stadium would be found in the smallest metro area that hosts an NFL team. But Lambeau Field ranks tenth in seating capacity, with just forty seats less than the Louisiana Superdome. The smallest stadium is Soldier Field.
I assume that you are able to get tickets or don't want them.

I bought stock at that time, those shares do have voting rights and always have.

Okay - Might have been talk before the actual offering that I'm remembering. The "old" owners might not have wanted to lose control or something - As I recall, there are a lot fewer "old" owners than "new" owners.

I'ma Steelers and Pengiuns fan, but think this Super Bowl will be an awesome matchup between two great teams with class organizations behind them.

It seems like there are eras when money alone buys championship. Nice to see that's not the case right now.

Amen! And kudos to the NFL for having rules (revenue sharing, salary caps, etc) that even the playing field and allow this sort of thing to happen. (MLB, take note...)

Okay - Might have been talk before the actual offering that I'm remembering. The "old" owners might not have wanted to lose control or something - As I recall, there are a lot fewer "old" owners than "new" owners.

There are more "new" owners, but "old" owners may have more votes.

My brother has old stock, bought it before the last sale. The owner died and nobody in his family was interested in it so he was able to buy it. I believe that single stock certificate gives him 1000 votes.

I am a season ticket holder, but I see no connection between that and the optimum size of NFL stadiums.
It would be nice if all of those who would like to attend could get tickets but I realize there is a maximum practical size of the stadium.

These renovations raised Lambeau Field's seating capacity to 72,928. Despite the multiple expansions of Lambeau Field, ticket demand has far outpaced supply, as all Packers games have been sold out since 1960. Over 78,000 names are on the waiting list for season tickets.[39]

For some reason, the thread title reminded me of this:

Na na nah... nana na na GO PACK GO!

These renovations raised Lambeau Field's seating capacity to 72,928. Despite the multiple expansions of Lambeau Field, ticket demand has far outpaced supply, as all Packers games have been sold out since 1960. Over 78,000 names are on the waiting list for season tickets.

The waiting list is large but the number is probably misleading. Are there really 78,000 people that want tickets? For years parents have put their newborns on the list, many may not even be aware that they're on the list.

The waiting list is large but the number is probably misleading. Are there really 78,000 people that want tickets? For years parents have put their newborns on the list, many may not even be aware that they're on the list.
I agree that it is exaggerated but the demand exceeds the supply.

Yup. A stadium large enough to meet the demand would require a new site, that just isn't going to happen.
That's why they invented big screen HDTVs but if you ever have 2 or 3 tickets to sell give me a call.

I've seen the Packers play at Lambeau a couple of times now. Once versus the hapless Seahawks and the other versus what was my favorite team, the NY Giants. The game vs the Giants was the football equivalent of a bunch of hungry cats playing with a mouse. I had a great time both times as the food, the beer and the company was just awesome! At a Packers game you see as much camo and hunting orange as green and gold but it doesn't matter...the game's the thing. Go Pack go! BTW the food at Curly's Pub is really good too! Bum bum bum....:)

You guys with a real football team are depressing those of us who watched mini-Belicek (with even less talent) destroy a franchise. Josh McDaniels, the gift that keeps on giving. Denver PD is still arresting the idiots he brought here from New England. Good riddance, hoodie boy.

At least the rapist lost.

Go Eagles!

This was the best football season of my life as an Auburn grad in Packer land.

It was a pretty good Super Bowl. If Rothelisberger hadn't thrown that pic in the last few minutes, it could have been different. I hate Super Bowls that are blow outs.

The Packers are a very good team.

But yeah, Go Eagles!

It was a pretty good Super Bowl. If Rothelisberger hadn't thrown that pic in the last few minutes, it could have been different. I hate Super Bowls that are blow outs.

If he hadn't had any picks, it could have been VERY different! But there's a defensive component to a pick too, and that pick six in the beginning was a GREAT read of the play by Nick Collins... And I still can't believe he made it in from 40 yards out!

It could have been a blowout if Packers receivers hadn't dropped about five passes. I don't think Rodgers missed even once, his incompletions were either balls thrown away or dropped by receivers.

It could have been a blowout if Packers receivers hadn't dropped about five passes. I don't think Rodgers missed even once, his incompletions were either balls thrown away or dropped by receivers.

Rodgers played a good game. He is a very good quarterback. He is also a running threat but doesn't rely on it like Michael Vick does. Rodgers is well balanced, as is the Packers offence.

Brent Who??? :D

i don't know, who is Brent?

Just a reference to this guy...

1916489_6369_600x1000.jpg

The announcers were commenting on how hard he was throwing - that the Pittsburgh secondary was having trouble adjusting. In fact, so were the Packer receivers, which can account for most of the drops. Rodgers was just pumped.

Yeah, I love the "we'll never forget ol' Brent" business! :D

The announcers were commenting on how hard he was throwing - that the Pittsburgh secondary was having trouble adjusting. In fact, so were the Packer receivers, which can account for most of the drops. Rodgers was just pumped.

Hmmm.

I guess most of our receivers now haven't caught many Favre passes... He threw harder than Rodgers.

The main exception, of course, is Donald Driver who was catching Favre passes for a decade. He didn't drop any either (not that he had much chance to :()... Nelson was the biggest offender, and he wasn't in the NFL until Favre left. James Jones was around for one season of catching Favre passes and was responsible for one drop.

Hmmm.

I guess most of our receivers now haven't caught many Favre passes... He threw harder than Rodgers.

I agree, and they were used to Rodgers ... and this was a different Rodgers. :)

He'll be fun to watch next season.

dmccormack said:
Good ole Brent Farv-uh

That guy can throw a football 200 yards underwater!

Perfect. After all those "cyclones", he'll "surface" playing in Australia! :D

Back