Building Multi time near San Francisco

marcoc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Marco
I'm new to this forum - hi all! I'm trying to build multi time in the San Francisco Bay area (and not go broke doing it) and am wondering if anyone has any hints, tips or suggestions? I have Single and Multi Commercial, Instrument, 500h TT with 30h multi, and work a non-flying full time job.

Though I'm sure they're few and far between, an ideal situation would be e.g. someone looking for a multi safety or ferry pilot, or who doesn't fly their twin much and is open to getting some additional revenue from renting it etc.

Thoughts everyone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No prob, lol. If i had the money id buy it myself.

I don't know anything around there except the Dutchess at California Airways on HWD. I think it's $275hr though but I think they sell block at a discount and you may find someone to do the double logging safety pilot/hood pilot deal.

If you want to save money look into the schools in the east and south bays. Schools in the peninsula will cost you an arm and leg. Might wanna post in JC forum if you don't find much info here.

What are you trying to build multi time for? Are you eventually wanting to fly professionally?

Inverted - yes, my goal is to fly professionally. Thinking my next step would be something like Ameriflight which claims to have a low prerequisite amount of multi time (50h - but I've got to get there first!)

AMF is cool. I would recommend you get your CFI CFII and MEI, teach for a year, get your hours and IFR skills up to the level that Ameriflight wants. They will take you at 50 but I think they would like to see closer to 100.

Back