Building a Cub.

All that work and what did they sell them for? A few thousand dollars and ten cigar bands, or some such thing.

Very cool, thanks.

John

All that work and what did they sell them for? A few thousand dollars and ten cigar bands, or some such thing.

Very cool, thanks.

John

Dad bought mine in 1953 for $487.00

Heck, I'll give you $500.00 right now for it, sight unseen. :D

John

It's still hanging in my sisters barn, the data tag and logs are in it along with all my old records/logs and such.
they are valued at 10K. The Data tags and logs for the aircraft are the only thing of value, to any one else.

My father had a VA pilot training school in Sterling KS right after WW11. He bought a number of new cubs. He thought he would save the money that they charged for delivery to Kansas one time. His trip back from the factory took 2 weeks! bad weather and headwinds killed his progress. I guess it was heart breaking to watch the cars passing him up. He always had new planes delivered to him after that.

I brought a new one back from Lock Haven in 1966. It was the deluxe model and metalized. Probably not the metalized you are thinking!

It was $11,500. Deluxe meant it had the tall panel, gyros, and lights. Metalized meant the fuselage tubing was coated with zinc.

Back