bug with 1800wxbrief.com? no wind info?

exncsurfer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
exncsurfer
Anyone else using 1800wxbrief.com for flight plans getting the popup warning, "Current wind information is unavailable. " on the flight plan screen when clicking the optimize or evaluate buttons? I see the wind info on other parts of the site. Its not a huge deal just something I'm wondering if everyone is seeing or if its just me(my account?)

I done seen it too. I 'think' what was happening for me is I'd select a non-default aircraft that didn't have some of the performance #'s in that plane's profile. make sure all that stuff (that's a technical aviation term) is filled out and try again, see if you get it.

I saw that this last Saturday. I generally use a couple different apps/sources to make sure they all jive with each other. Of course, that only works if said sources are getting data from different places.

Still waiting on them to fix my account that has never worked. Ticket has only been open since June.

hmm, try another email? start over

Well I really don't want to use a backup email address when everything else on the planet can use my usual one, just fine.

I've even told them to simply destroy the user account completely and I'll recreate it, if that is easier than getting someone to take thirty seconds to look at the row in the table and find the data problem on mine.

Basically if I touch anything under the Profile menu that needs information from my user profile, the website tosses an error to call tech support. Which I've done, and they've supposedly escalated to a higher tier. Blah blah blah.

Obviously the user record got some BS in a field that broke their referential integrity rules and it just needs to be destroyed and re-created. And obviously if it even allowed the data or lack thereof to happen in the first place, their referential integrity wasn't done right in the database table to begin with.

Cough cough..fltplan.com

Well I really don't want to use a backup email address when everything else on the planet can use my usual one, just fine.....

can u use an alternate address just to get the account set up, then switch it to the one u want? I dunno...

Cough cough..fltplan.com

Already there, but afaik they don't offer SMS warnings that you exceeded a VFR flight plan. For one example of stuff they don't do.

Also can't use a briefing there as a "legal" (as in recorded and proven) weather briefing, not that I care much about that.

It is a recorded brief, it's even in our company GOM, you just have to be a registered user

It is a recorded brief, it's even in our company GOM, you just have to be a registered user

Fair enough. Was just an off the cuff (poor) example that their website can't do ALL of the things LockMart can... or whatever their new name is... when it's working...

I have been seeing the same thing, exncsurfer. Like you, I was able to find the winds elsewhere, but I was wondering about it also.

I had the same problem with winds not appearing. The interface for 1800wxbrief is not user friendly and the products offered are less attractive than several other options I use regularly. I just stopped logging in there. It isn't worth my time.

I emailed support about it, y'all should too.

They updated the popup message, it now reads: "The NWS has changed the format of some of the wind products, so NavLogs and Adverse Condition Passing Times are calculated without current wind information.

The winds aloft information in the briefings is correct."

I guess they have to reconfigure their code to parse the new input data correctly. At least its an improved error message.

Back