Buell gone...

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
...from Eric Buell himself, the highly innovative motorcycle manufacturers are the latest victims of the US economic malaise. A real pity, since they were the only American sportbike manufacturers.

...from Eric Buell himself, the highly innovative motorcycle manufacturers are the latest victims of the US economic malaise. A real pity, since they were the only American sportbike manufacturers.

That's a real shame. If Buell would have started out with the Rotax twin rather than those awful H-D engines, he'd probably still be in business today. That was like putting a Detroit Diesel in a Corvette...

Trapper John

Last edited:
WTF? How did this happen?

Harley-Davidson and Sportbike should not be used in the same sentence, more less the same frame.

Heh, I'm sure H-D will come out with a new line of assless chaps with the money they're saving by tanking Buell.

Trapper John

Cliff notes?

Connection sucks at work for any video.

Cliff notes?

Connection sucks at work for any video.

Buell is not building any more bikes. HD will be taking over warranty and repairs. Inventory that is out there can still be sold with a full warranty.

What I thought was interesting is that while HD is selling MV Agusta, they are keeping Buell. May not be making any more "BUELL" branded bikes, but they will still own all the rights and technology and other stuff that went along with it. IF they are so hurting for $$, they'd make a few bucks and I'm sure, **** poor economy or no, SOMEONE out there would buy it. And it would sell faster than MVA would.

And the comment from Mr Buell:
“I personally look forward to exploring how I can continue to work with Harley-Davidson to bring advanced product technology to riders."

So.... they announce that they are going to stop making 'his' bikes, but yet he still works there. Nice bit of free advertising for the company and with some discounts offered, a way to clear out the remaining stock of bikes. All to make room for.........????...... A Harley 1200cc dual sport that looks suspiciously like a Uly?

Last edited:
Back