Bryce Canyon

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Woke up this morning and had the urge to get out of dodge. So we packed up the mooney and headed for cooler weather. We pretty much did the point the finger on the map thing and Utah is where we landed on. So Bryce canyon looked nice on the website. we got a real good deal on the hotel (off season) Rubys Inn. Awsome little place with plenty of shopping and a down home resturant. The flight over was absoulutly beautiful. smooth air and our ground speed was showing over 200 mph at times. Then about 40 miles out all hell broke loose. Ran into some real nice chop. definately some of the stronger turbulance ive seen in a while. So we slowed it down to 180 :) Coming into land at Bryce Canyon we flew directly over the canyon lands. awsome views!
AWOS reported a 11 kt direct Xwind, but it didnt feel all that strong once we got to short final. landed smoothly and right now I am sitting at a desk overlooking the great scenery in Southern Utah.
This is the life.
Attached pics.

Attachments

• utah 001.jpg
    utah 001.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 48
  • utah 077.jpg
    utah 077.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
  • utah 076.jpg
    utah 076.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 36
  • utah 071.jpg
    utah 071.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 45
  • utah 067.jpg
    utah 067.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 38
  • utah 061.jpg
    utah 061.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 37
  • utah 038.jpg
    utah 038.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 55
Awesome, Mike! Bryce canyon is one of my favorite places I've visited in the United States. Your pictures were great and glad you had a nice time!

Jason

sweet - great pictures Michael - I hope I get to see some of that on Thursday!

I've always thought if you'd ever want to get lost, Bryce would be the place. Cool pics and glad to hear you are having a good time.

Those are incredibly beautiful pictures, Michael, thanks for sharing them. You know, I feel like I got cheated on my flight to Salina last Tuesday... let's see, flat, flat, more flat... ;-) I think I know now why they call them the Plain States.

Wow, none of that white stuff was there last July. :D

Mike, did you fly over the GC near the Dome?

Back