Broken down car

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
What is the purpose of hanging a bag or a rag from the drivers side window of a car when the car is stuck on the side of the highway?

Originally, it was supposed to be a white handkerchief or rag to act as a warning for folks - tied to the driver's door, it made the non-operative car a bit more visible. And it showed that the vehicle was broken down, not abandoned. Then people stopped carrying handkerchiefs and started tying who knows what to the door - but at least they're trying, I suppose. :)

Eamon said:
What is the purpose of hanging a bag or a rag from the drivers side window of a car when the car is stuck on the side of the highway?

If it's RED, it means "aim for me", just like in bullfighting... :D

Eamon said:

To complete the Beverly Hillbillies look. :yes:

Eamon said:
Why do you ask, are you redecorating your ride?

wiki said:
These were worn on the left side of the body for tops and the right for bottoms (this division is still somewhat common: tops may wear keys on the left belt loop and bottoms on the right, for example).

Snoop Dogg said:
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside, but only on the left side, yeah, that's the Crypts site

Apparantly he was revelaing a bit more than he intended about himself :D

Also - anyone know why moral dregs would need a yellow flag to indicate that they like "Watersports?" This is included with such things as "Daddy Fetish, Leather Fetish, etc"

I'm almost afraid to know.

Richard said:
Why do you ask, are you redecorating your ride?
LOL Yea, I am going to plant grass on it :)

Attachments

• Phlog_Grass_Car_1.jpg
    Phlog_Grass_Car_1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 15
Eamon said:
LOL Yea, I am going to plant grass on it :)
Ch-ch-ch-chia.

I once saw an Econoline van which had every inch plastered with walnut shells. Even over the windows except for two 10" round portholes on the windshield. Hub caps even.

Richard said:
Ch-ch-ch-chia.

I once saw an Econoline van which had every inch plastered with walnut shells. Even over the windows except for two 10" round portholes on the windshield. Hub caps even.
Was it a float in the Rose Parade? That's the only real good reason for either of these.

Back