Bristol Nascar planning

Lawnchair

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lawnchair
So I am thinking of stopping in Bristol on the way back from Florida and catching the Nascar race in Bristol TN. Anyone familar with the area, and is it a zoo flying in during the race weekend. Or would the smart bet be, fly to Knoxville for example, or rent a car, hotel etc. Any advice?

You can be sure Tri-Cities will be a zoo that weekend, with limited parking and other facilities. Plan/call ahead. Your best bet is probably to call Tri-Cities Aviation (423-325-6261) ASAP for advice. One alternative would be to fly into Virginia Highlands (VJI), and the drive down from there will also be hell, it probably won't be as bad as coming up from TRI, and may be a better choice if you're flying in the day before and staying overnight in Bristol.

Last edited:
So I am thinking of stopping in Bristol on the way back from Florida and catching the Nascar race in Bristol TN. Anyone familar with the area, and is it a zoo flying in during the race weekend. Or would the smart bet be, fly to Knoxville for example, or rent a car, hotel etc. Any advice?

Let me know if you go, I'm heavily considering going to a race in Bristol myself this year.

BTW, as things stand, the Bristol ticket which used to be virtually unobtainable is now readily available.

have fun ive always wanted to see a race at bristol

100% go into Tri City, it is easy, you can get a 10 min ride to the track with just a tip (local teens drive their trucks for tips)

Back