Bring your OWN CUPS!!

Yuk!! Well, here's my personal cup.

HR

(Oh yes; it is I, having played a Charlie Chaplin character is a motion picture, Ghost Writer."

Attachments

• Ghost Writer mug.jpg
    Ghost Writer mug.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 14
Hey, at least one housekeeper did the "Sniff Test" before using the dirty washcloth to dry the cups...:hairraise:

At least she had that rubber glove on after cleaning the toilet and before cleaning the glass! :eek:

I couldn't believe this--across major hotel brands, too! But I talked to an ex-maid, and she said it's common, because they don't have dishwashers on each floor, and they have a quota of how many rooms to clean per hour. Too much work to cart them all downstairs and then back upstairs. Come to think of it, look at the cart they push in the hallway--any fresh, clean glasses on it?! NOPE!

You're better off staying at the ECONOMY hotels--at least they give you a new, fresh plastic cup in a sealed container!!

Yuk!! Well, here's my personal cup.

HR

(Oh yes; it is I, having played a Charlie Chaplin character is a motion picture, Ghost Writer."

Hey, that's a good idea, Harley! Let's get a thread going where people post a picture of their favorite mug... everyone's got one at home!

Here's my current favorite, a gift from my wife. It's a BIG mug ("man mug") with a picture of a J3 Cub flying low over the countryside...

Attachments

• cub.jpg
    cub.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
Oh, I feel sick.

And re the hotels w/ plastic cups...I did start carrying my own coffee mug.

I noticed the plastic cups in the past 6 months even at the 150$/night places then when I saw the vid last week it sank in.
Hey, those coffee carafes? People use them to clean their underwear you know.
Another expose type show did dna testing on sheets etc... you would wear gloves if you ever saw the remote in those pictures.

Oh goodie. Just add another reason to the already long list.

I haven't been in a hotel of any kind in about 20 years if not longer. I either take my house with me, sleep in my jeep, on my trailer, in my tent or occasionally on a friends living room floor when traveling.

Ya, that's pretty much gross. Kinda creeps me out given the amount of time I've spent in hotels in the last year.

Delicious. I think I'll go to a hotel tonight just for the extra flavorful coffee!

Ya, that's pretty much gross. Kinda creeps me out given the amount of time I've spent in hotels in the last year.
Yeah I guess me too. But I figure over the years I must have built up an immunity because I don't find myself getting sick a lot. :dunno:

Given this story was done in Atlanta, it makes me glad I don't plan to stay in a hotel here!

But, I'm sure it won't be any better elsewhere.

Yeah I guess me too. But I figure over the years I must have built up an immunity because I don't find myself getting sick a lot. :dunno:

Same here. Maybe I'll just pack my own sheets & blankets for future trips. It would also be useful for those winter trips through O'Hare & their 2 day layovers.

Hey, those coffee carafes? People use them to clean their underwear you know.

AAAUUUUUUGHHHHH!!! I stopped making coffee "in room" after I found strange grit in the basket once. But, like Mari, I am rarely sick.

And I have a good supply of tents, back seats, and an old but trusty rv for the shorter trips.

Same here. Maybe I'll just pack my own sheets & blankets for future trips.

That would be a bit...cumbersome. Especially if everyone started doing it. I should start marketing some kind of travel kit: pillow, blanket, coffee maker and mug...and it all fits in a 5" x 5" bag.

:D

my new favorite mug - from my wife for Christmas. Having this sit on my desk will no doubt reduce my productivity 50% as I daydream about elk hunting...

IMG00024.jpg

Ooo! Nice piece, Greg.
Can I sneak in another?

I'm the one on the left: barbershop quartet in "Music Man." Left to right = Lead, Tenor, Bass, Baritone. Look closely at the tenor. Her name is Ellen(married to the baritone). It was a hoot when we did an open final dress rehearsal with only students and senior citizens as audience. Bunch of guys in the back row behaving themselves until each of our quartet had a short solo phrase. When the tenor sang one of the kids, apparently shocked, stood up, pointed, and exclaimed after an intake breath, "He's a --------he's a girl." Ellen's make-up and moustache was terrific.

HR

Attachments

• Music Man Mug.jpg
    Music Man Mug.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 9
Back