Brennand Airport (10 nm N)

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
Brennand Airport is a small nearby alternate airport to Oshkosh in case you want to keep your plane away from the hustle and bustle. Each year several pilots tie down here, and sometimes people camp overnight.

Privately-owned, public-use, 79C
RWY: 18/36, 2450' x 20' paved w/ adjacent grass, lighted

Here is some info I got from Ted Vander Wielen, the airport manager.

• Parking / tiedowns - $7.50 per night
  • Camping on airport - $10 per night. Our humble amenities: restroom, water, soda machine, primitive shower, pilot lounge (fridge, microwave, coffee)
  • Shuttle to & from AirVenture (to north side) - $7.50 per person each way

During EAA week, we will have three LSA companies doing demo flights here: Evektor, Flight Design, and CubCrafters. I assume these companies will be shuttling prospective customers back & forth, so visit their booths/displays for more info.

Post or PM any questions and let me know if you plan to come to 79C.

i dunno kate, that runway i sawfully wide...

just kidding btw, i teach off 24 ft wide runway

My middle name and my last name approve of this airport.

I'm going to be up by Neenah Tuesday through Sunday, and can offer rides to folks from Brennand down to Airventure and back. Let me know via PM.

Hehe the place is nice now.....you should have seen Brennand before it was repaved. I think the A/FD listed the strip as "Grass", but it was more like gravel with grass growing in it.

I remember that it was the first airport other than OSH I landed at (probably less than 10 hours tt) since it had cheap gas.

Pete

Hehe the place is nice now.....you should have seen Brennand before it was repaved. I think the A/FD listed the strip as "Grass", but it was more like gravel with grass growing in it.

I remember that it was the first airport other than OSH I landed at (probably less than 10 hours tt) since it had cheap gas.

Pete

Yes things have changed. It was indeed gravel with grass surrounding it, up until a few years ago when it was paved. And alas... it no longer has cheap gas.

Back