Breeze Airlines?

rockwoodrv9a

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
rockwoodrv9a
I figure this is the place to ask about Breeze Airlines. They are going to fly between Lansing MI and 2 airports in Florida starting in Oct. Lansing is much more convenient than DTW or even GRR. They only have one flight each way a week so I can see hotel reservation issues if they cancel. I dont ride in the back anymore and they do have FC seats up front so that is a plus.

I have never flown one of the budget airlines and wouldnt consider this except it saves a 90 minute drive and parking expenses. Thanks.

Are they currently accepting applications? What are their hiring mins? Do you need a four-year degree?

Try them. If they meet your expectations, continue to use them. If not go back to what you normally do.

h6vglW.gif

Unfortunately, their planes have enough seats that they can't bypass TSA. That's a negative...

sooooo, what is the question exactly?
I wasnt very clear. I wanted to know if anyone has flown with Breeze and their experience. Was there anything different than the major airlines? They offer first class seats so that is better than Spirit. My main concern is if a flight is canceled you could be stranded for a week unless they have a deal with other airlines. Knowing there are so many commercial pilots here I was interested in their opinions. Thanks

I wasnt very clear. I wanted to know if anyone has flown with Breeze and their experience. Was there anything different than the major airlines? They offer first class seats so that is better than Spirit. My main concern is if a flight is canceled you could be stranded for a week unless they have a deal with other airlines. Knowing there are so many commercial pilots here I was interested in their opinions. Thanks
Not much different than any other budget airline. Cheaper and sometimes more convenient when things work. You're often on your own when it doesn't.

Breeze doesn't even have a phone number to call for help, in line with the modern business customer service model.

If it is absolutely critical for you get there on time, have a backup plan.

If it is absolutely critical for you to get back on time, have a backup plan.

If I need to get there, I'll use a major with multiple flights/day, and am very careful with the last flight out.
If I can gamble, then maybe these work.

Looking at the link, at least you get "Apology credits" if your flight gets cancelled. :dunno:

If you’re looking for airline experiences and hacking, FlyerTalk would be the better site. Not much to add to the above - thin scheudule and new airline, if something goes wrong you’re going to have better luck fixing it yourself. If I recall correctly, they are getting new aircraft unlike Northern New Pacific’s not-completely-ragged-out 757s.

I assume the Lansing airport is excited to get some business - it's been almost a ghost-town the times I landed there.

Breeze hired so many FO’s with extremely limited experience that currently they are trying to hire direct entry Captains to staff aircraft deliveries. They have yet to have a profitable quarter and after proclaiming they were so well financed they would need zero future funding just borrowed a rumored 120 million more. The bounce in and out of markets quite rapidly so don’t make bookings to far out.

Be surprised if they make it to 2025 honestly, with the way they're bleeding cash.

I have flown them 5 or 6 times from Ohio to Florida. The planes are nice and most are new Airbus A220s. As others mentioned if you have to be somewhere these low cost carriers are not a great option. I have also been stranded by all the Majors at one time or another but the key is to fly from an airport with other options if your flight gets canceled.

We have had mostly good experiences with Breeze. We had one bad trip. We were supposed to head out on an early AM flight on a Friday morning to Florida. I got a text series of texts starting the night before that the plane was delayed a few hours then delayed until Saturday early AM, then several more text messages Saturday moving it a few hours at a time. About 20 of us finally got on the plane Saturday night 9:00 pm and got to Florida close to midnight Saturday. I was convinced they were not coming.

I was surprised Breeze got us on a plane at all -they don’t normally fly in or out of our airport on Saturdays. They sent a plane under a charter flight number to take us to Florida. The crew was extremely nice and I got the impression they were the cleanup crew sent around on weekends to pick up the stranded passengers

It was not a big deal to us - we were just trying to escape the cold and were staying with friends.
If we would have had a wedding or some event to make - we would have missed it.

If you have to be there - go for the majors from a large airport where you have options. If you can tolerate delays - you can save a bunch of money on some of these low cost carriers.

I got stranded over night in MIA by American. I was talking to the hotel manager who told me AA rented over 1/2 his rooms every night whether they used them or not. But most time used most of them.

HMMMMMM

American runs a major operation out of Miami. It’s heavily ATC impacted. It’s good American blocks rooms. If you fly Breeze they might offer to let you sleep on the terminal floor.

American runs a major operation out of Miami.
No kidding! Of the 59 homes at our airpark, 10 are active or retired Miami-based American pilots (mostly active). Some of them had never met until they became neighbors. One of them said there are something like 2,000 pilots based there.

Thanks for the responses. I was less concerned with cost than convenience. Driving to DTW is a real pain - it is NASCAR on hwy 96.
Maybe I will give them a try if I just want to get out of town and dont have a real schedule.

Back