Breakfast Run 2

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
actually thinking about doing lunch instead.Going to Cape May(WWD) on the 30th of Oct. Let me know if your interested,post a reply here. Dave G.

I'd go for that. Do you want to put it on the AOPA board, too?

Shipoke said:
actually thinking about doing lunch instead.Going to Cape May(WWD) on the 30th of Oct. Let me know if your interested,post a reply here. Dave G.
I could go for a lunch there (great panini sandwiches!).

Who knows, we might even have our helicopter back in service by then...

Re: Breakfast Run 2 (cross-posted)

Are we looking at the Cornerstone Grill in the terminal building for lunch, or somewhere else? On the Cape May Airport website, http://www.capemayairport.com/airport_services.html, there are a lot of restaurants listed. I don't know how far they are from the field, though.

Also, I see there's a historical aviation museum right on the field in Hangar 1! I say, let's check it out after lunch.

Dave The 30th!! Your killing me. Thats my wifes and my mothers birthday. (Thats a whole nother battle in and of itself) Dag namit. I know what your going to say next but my guess is the bride wont want to spend her birthdaywith you guys. Grrr

AdamZ said:
Dave The 30th!! Your killing me. Thats my wifes and my mothers birthday. (Thats a whole nother battle in and of itself) Dag namit. I know what your going to say next but my guess is the bride wont want to spend her birthdaywith you guys. Grrr
Adam, you could bring them down for lunch and then go explore the town, the lighthouse, walk on the beach. Shop. You know. Eh?

I wish I could go......wait I work there ! Well, I am a project Manager for the Engineering Dept. at DRBA so WWD is one of my airports I call home. :rolleyes:

I'll be looking for comments on lighting and signage, well ok, at least the signage! 10-28 is the only runway open right now, but by the end of the month 1-19 should be good to go! The cornerstone has really good food and there is a new fuel system located next to the FBO (Big Sky Aviation).

The wife and I will be in Philadelphia catching a flight out to Vegas for a week, otherwise since only 17 hours in the log book we would drive down to meet everyone. Have Big Sky call a cab and check out cape may, great antique shops and Victorian homes by the beach. Dr. Salvatore's Wildwood Naval air station is pretty neat. Very nice displays and a lot of information. They seem to have finished up with the latest addition a F-14 Tomcat.

The other airport I call home is KMIV. It's just a short hop there and they have a really nice WWII museum. You will not be disappointed if you stop there too. Again check NOTAMS we have ongoing lighting and signage work there too and 14-32 should be out of service leaving 10-28 operational.

Again, have fun .....Enjoy !!!

Gary, thanks for all the information! Have you added new signs out by the runways? We'll be looking. I'm sorry you won't be able to come this time. Have fun in Vegas and win some money.

Toby,

:yes: all NEW signs and lights at both airports. The Bride and I can't wait to join everyone on the "milk runs". Thank God she is so supportive. :goofy:
Mary also wants to take the "companion course" when I am finished up which is really cool. Lets see, she has block island and tangier on her wish list.....I must remove links to the forums...to many ideas :eek:

Shipoke said:

AWW.. the 30th!!, could be a problem as I'll be finishing up a big project in NY that weekend, guess I'll just have to beat up on the contractors to get it done ahead of time!

Gary

A lot of people have signed up on the other board, too. Looks like we'll have quite a crowd!

Meeting time -- how's 11:30 by the restaurant? And then we can go check out the museum after lunch. FYI, sunset is at about 5 p.m. that day.

Back