Breakfast at Mackay Bar.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
Here are a few pictures I took yesterday 9/01 of Mackay Bar lodge where I flew a couple friends for breakfast. It is located about 40 miles up the Salmon River from Riggins, ID. I have a video if anyone is interested and hasn't seen it. Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 24
Here are a few pictures I took yesterday 9/01 of Mackay Bar lodge where I flew a couple friends for breakfast. It is located about 40 miles up the Salmon River from Riggins, ID. I have a video if anyone is interested and hasn't seen it. Bob

Dangit Bob, much more outta you and I'll have to move out there! :yes:

(A place in Couer d'Alene or somewhere in that neighborhood has always been on my "lottery list"... And every time I'm out there I want to come back more and more.)

Kent, I know that I am very lucky to be so close to some great flying locations. Then since I am a retired school teacher, I love to share my good fortune with my friends on these forums. Maybe, they don't have the opportunity to fly into these great destinations, But they can get a taste through me.

That reminds me of one of the most interesting residents of that area. Sylvan Hart.

Also known as "Buckskin Bill."

I never got to meet him but I saw a TV short about him one time.

Kent, I know that I am very lucky to be so close to some great flying locations. Then since I am a retired school teacher, I love to share my good fortune with my friends on these forums. Maybe, they don't have the opportunity to fly into these great destinations, But they can get a taste through me.

I got enough tastes last summer between the Mountain Canyon Flying course and our flight in 54N that I'm addicted! I keep thinking I should move out there somewhere, maybe find a flying job... That guy that does the backcountry mail/supply deliveries is getting kinda old, maybe he'd like to retire... :D

I got enough tastes last summer between the Mountain Canyon Flying course and our flight in 54N that I'm addicted! I keep thinking I should move out there somewhere, maybe find a flying job... That guy that does the backcountry mail/supply deliveries is getting kinda old, maybe he'd like to retire... :D

That would be a great flying job that Ray Arnold has, and he is a great pilot. I guess things can get a little tense in the winter on skis. He has done it for a while now.

Back