Bravo airspace and clouds (A Satire)

I'm working with Dow Chemical on my own special formula for something called VFR Cloud clearance that should take care of it patent pending

"(A Satire)"...
No guts, no glory.

But good job on the special effects. Straight out of Hollywood!

The clouds sticking to aircraft is a problem that I have regularly, since I fly into clouds often.

"(A Satire)"...
No guts, no glory.

But good job on the special effects. Straight out of Hollywood!

(satire) is just for consistency / searching.

The special effects are rad though.
I bought dry ice to teach my kids about sublimation.
Decided to stop by the hangar first

(satire) is just for consistency / searching.

It's probably also good to keep in there. There are people who might actually believe your advice.

I especially liked the use of coffee cups!

I especially liked the use of coffee cups!

The true coffee cup situation in the Cirrus is a little interesting...
I think they assume the rudder pedals are not used much.

20160612_084652.jpg

Last edited:
The true coffee cup situation in the Cirrus is a little interesting...
I think they assume the rudder pedals are not used much.

You Cirrus drivers.

I have never flown a plane with a cupholder built-in. But now I have a cooler I keep in the 414.

It has 4 cup holders and they have these little rings that accommodate small and larger cups.
Generally I am afraid to use them because they are delicate and fragile not unlike myself.

I thought Cirrus were auto-approved for Bravo. In the POH it says set transponder to 7600 (since you're not listening) and then tune the radio to guard and state "Cirrus -- Don't bother me unless YOU have an emergency" This is all on page 666 IIRC.

It has 4 cup holders and they have these little rings that accommodate small and larger cups.
Generally I am afraid to use them because they are delicate and fragile not unlike myself.
Only 4. Pffft. Thats not enough.
Next youll tell me there arent any yoke mounted controls for the XM radio or latte machine. How can they expect you to fly your personal airliner to your high powered meeting with no yoke mounted XM radio controls or latte machine.

Next youll tell me there arent any yoke mounted controls for the XM radio or latte machine. How can they expect you to fly your personal airliner to your high powered meeting with no yoke mounted XM radio controls or latte machine.

What's a yoke????

Amateur. :)

What's a yoke????

Amateur. :)
Ahhh. So its like that euro-trash made airbus with side stick thingies. So are there radio controls on the side stick thingie?

Or do they have the audacity to make your each all the way to the center console?

have you ever accidentally pushed the chute button instead of the "omg im so confused, airplane please straighten up and fly right button"?

:)

I follow the strict checklist in the POH
Start: Push the start button
Takeoff: Push the takeoff button
Cruise: push the fly button
Landing: Pilot Choice. Push the land me button or use the Land me handle. Handle is the preferred method.

The real question: Does the cupholder have a parachute?

The real question: Does the cupholder have a parachute?

No. Statistically speaking, putting a chute on a cup holder is just going to make coffee drinkers take unnecessary risks with their heated beverages that they would not otherwise take. It lulls the pilot into a sense of invulnerability and they would just go flailing coffee all over the place.

No. Statistically speaking, putting a chute on a cup holder is just going to make coffee drinkers take unnecessary risks with their heated beverages that they would not otherwise take. It lulls the pilot into a sense of invulnerability and they would just go flailing coffee all over the place.

I hadn't considered that safety aspect. You make a good point. Someone might try to do like this guy:

(start at 2:20)

I follow the strict checklist in the POH
Start: Push the start button
Takeoff: Push the takeoff button
Cruise: push the fly button
Landing: Pilot Choice. Push the land me button or use the Land me handle. Handle is the preferred method.
What if you run out of coffee? Is there a button for that? Do you declare emergency? Pull the red handle?

Great satire, thanks. But all seriousness aside, how the heck do you get the clouds off your wings? I am afraid to get close to one now. :(

There's a spray I found called VFR cloud clearance.
They say it does the job.

Good job on catching that cloud residue during your post-preflight. Many pilots would have mistakenly identified it as fog and taken off.

Well played! You funny man, maka me laugh uh huh.

I think the auxiliary cup holders are deployed by pulling the red handle. They are hidden until you pull it out far enough.

Looks like this guy needs lots of that cloud cleaning product....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
See! This is what I am talking about.
Now that guy is in IMC even when it is severe clear out for the foreseeable future.

Back