BRAND NEW RAM Yoke Mount for iPad

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Here is my receipt from Amazon.

Paid $68.04 all said and done.

I believe it works for the iPad and iPad 2 because it had some iPad 2 accessories.

I need to find it and make sure I kept all the stuff (there wasn't much paperwork, and it came in a plastic bag, both those things are gone).

I got to the plane, mounted the iPad on the passenger yoke (the pilot yoke has a GPS mounted by the school), and hated the way it blocked my view of several instruments.

My loss, your gain!

So - it has been "used" once but just barely. Make me an offer.

41pvl%2BdVScL._AA300_.jpg

6896408160_117597e5e2_b.jpg

It definately blocks the view if you mount it how you think it looks like it should be mounted. But flip it upside down and its perfect and doesn't block anything. You can still put the ipad in right-side up.

Mine is mounted sideways in the 172 and is perfect. You gotta play with it.

Kim, if your earlier buyer doesn't take it, I will. I've tried every other iPad mount, and not too happy with any of the other options.

Kim, if your earlier buyer doesn't take it, I will. I've tried every other iPad mount, and not too happy with any of the other options.

Brian, I'll let you know. But I am obligated to the first guy, of course. I should know within a day or two if the deal goes through. Also, if you didn't like the other ones, why do you think you will love mine?

Who said anything about loving it? LOL! I'd just like to find an iPad mount that's functional and doesn't bang passengers in the head or block my view too much. The suction cup mount is fine when I'm flying alone, but doesn't work in either the 182 or the Warrior with a passenger. And the glareshield lip mount just doesn't work. I usually just end up with it either in my lap or in the passenger's. But I'm always looking for a better mousetrap...

One can never have too many options.

Have you looked at any of the kneeboard mounts?

http://www.mygoflight.com/ipad-kneeboard-pro-c/

I have this, it is salty but the 3 times I have used it, it seems to work well.

Salty? Ummm, why are you licking it? :D

I did look at that product last fall at the AOPA Summit, but felt it was way overpriced for what you get. I have the ASA iPad case/kneeboard. However, I've found I prefer running ForeFlight in landscape mode, and the one I have only allows portrait mode when using the leg strap, so I generally just end up tossing it in my lap.

The mount just arrived today. With the plastic sleeve on the back, i will not need to use the rubber bumper thingers.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!

The mount just arrived today. With the plastic sleeve on the back, i will not need to use the rubber bumper thingers.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!

Cool, thanks for letting me know. Like I said, if you need them, that site has them for 99 cents.

Have you tried it in the plane yet? Notice there is one other way you can install the ball mount on the back (not centered, sort of off to one side).

I had the same problem and end up getting an Aera 560 on the yoke. Easy access and no instrument blockage.

José

Attachments

• IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 33
I have not tried it yet , I took this week off from training to work on finishing my basement and bit and recoup from my week of on call for work last week. I have a lesson scheduled Wednesday and will probably try it out then .

sorry was not able to imbed the pictures and resorted to flicker.
We are lucky on the west coast with lots of interesting scenery
Added some discriptons to the photostream
Patrick

Last edited:
Re: BRAND NEW RAM Yoke Mount for iPad Ram Mount modified

I found the Ram Mount to be a little low for me with a kneepad so I put a spacer plate in to raise the IPad on the mount. The attached photostream documents the mod. (simple only drill 4-6 holes in a piece of aluminum) -- After Kimberly finishes her annual she will be qualified.... :D

The new spacer still provides good visibility to the instruments in the cruise position ( elevator in neutral position).

disclaimer: I am 6', the Cessna 172 is a 1969 with horn type Yoke controls and no pad between the horns.
Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48134254@N02/sets/72157629857096889/

There are other pictures with the mount prior to the mod.

main flicker stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/48134254@N02/?savedsettings=7095137937#photo7095137937

You have the universal mount. The roller-clip RAM mount specifically for a non-case-covered iPad has both a centered screw pattern and an offset one in the corner of the mount.

You have the universal mount. The roller-clip RAM mount specifically for a non-case-covered iPad has both a centered screw pattern and an offset one in the corner of the mount.

Mine fits into this mount with the rear cover/ shell with magnets from my knee board.
Are they referring to another style case possibly?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back