Boycott US Airways for Being Bigoted

Who do you think was more at fault?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
don-quixote.gif

The MC shuts down a completely civil discussion about LSA but lets **** discussions like this continue.

It certainly makes no sense to me....

The MC shuts down a completely civil discussion about LSA but lets **** discussions like this continue.

It certainly makes no sense to me....

I find it entertaining. Doesn't really bother me though, if I don't want to read it I'll move on and read something else.

I find it entertaining. Doesn't really bother me though, if I don't want to read it I'll move on and read something else.

Me too, in a sick way. I'm not advocating that the MC shut this or any other thread down. Just that it makes no sense.

But maybe it's not meant to.

Your telling me the blind man is the fellow pictured? And the dog was breaking wind a lot? I would have been the first one off the plane.

As one well into training a service dog (CGC final tomorrow) I find the situation disturbing.

I've often wondered how people would feel if a disabled passenger blocking an exit or aisle way lost a relative in an evacuation due to the disabled pax being unable to move quickly enough ? It's a dog eat dog world when people are panicked.

Which is why they won't let the sit in the exit rows. Actually, the blind and certain "disabled" are probably at an advantage in some situations (like darkness).

Yes it does, you should read the code and the interpretations thereof. American's tail is also a violation (I see PA-11 beat me to it)
I am quite familiar with it and the tail is NOT a flag. It's a collection of red, white and blue stripes (there aren't even stars). The obviously condones red, white, and blue decorative material that are NOT flags (note the descriptions of bunting, etc..).

Note that even if it were a violation (which it is not), the flag code is advisory, only.

You might pop over to usa-flag-site who have the real flag experts. Nothing supports your argument.

Taken to the extreme, BoA's logo is considered a violation.
Only if you are deluded enough to think that any red, white, and blue logo is a flag. You might as well condemn the American Logo, the old United Logo, Air France, etc...

Last edited:
Seems like there's a simple, market-based solution to these types of problems if you don't like their policies, actions, or customer service: Don't fly with THEM.

US Airways doesn't have a monopoly on air travel, although they may have a monopoly on convenience in some cities (and I really, really feel for you guys in those cities). However, no one is entitled to convenience.

In any case, I think that the manufactured outrage over these types of things is a bit too worn. If US Airways really didn't do right by this passenger, he (and anyone else who so chooses) can take his business elsewhere. Most customers don't complain, they just don't come back.

JKG

Note that even if it were a violation (which it is not), the flag code is advisory, only.

It's called HONOR, Ron. A term I assume all here are familiar with. Besides, the flag code "is advisory only" because it would be unconstitutional as a law. But that doesn't mean I'll support companies that ignore it.

You might pop over to usa-flag-site who have the real flag experts. Nothing supports your argument.

The flag code itself states:

a flag is a flag or anything "by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag."

According to that definition US airways, American and BoA are all three flags because one sees a flag. There are many websites that call this out, including this one on proper flag handling:

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Only if you are deluded enough to think that any red, white, and blue logo is a flag.
Again, it's called out as a flag on various websites (including the one above) as a violation. I didn't just make it up.

As an aside, in a previous life I was with American Freightways. One of my duties (because of our company name) was to ensure that we complied fully with the flag code (unlike so many other companies out there). I researched proper flag protocol extensively and came to my conclusions. Hell, we even paid employees to properly lower and raise the flag at ALL of our facilities every Memorial Day. I handled that task at the main office. In my case, the lowering to half-staff at sunrise and the raising at noon was accompanied by Ray Charles' version of America the Beautiful being piped through the office building's intercom. Quite loudly I might add.

Not many people would be working but those that were definitely stopped what they were doing for a moment!

:)

BTW...the last time we discussed the flag here we had a contingent stating that it's now (all of a sudden) okay to leave the flag up 24/7 without lights.

That's BS too. There's been no change to the illumination requirement. Just a change in attitude of what constitutes proper respect. My attitude, however, hasn't changed.

Last edited:
US Airways is Bigfoot? Cool. But why would anyone want to boycott Bigfoot?

Being disabled isn't normally a sin.

What about all the people that sinfully put others at risk?

• Spiked high heels that slow egress time, injure the wearer, and block following people?

• Other clothing with sharp objects that can damage slides? Spiked/studded belts, jeans, cufflinks, watches, necklaces, etc...?

• People that block aisleways, getting personal belongings out of overhead bins during emergency evacuations?

• People that take suitcases, baggage, purses, cameras and other carry-ons during emergency evacuations?

I wonder how many people have died or been injured because people have prioritized their own personal possessions as a higher priority; then their own and other peoples lives?

People with suitcases, purses and other personal belongings, walking away from crashes while other people are still burning in the aircraft.

Go Greyhound !!!!!!

Back