Boy gets special ride to school -- in a helicopter; FAA alerted

I wonder how common it is for private land in the wide open spaces in the west and Alaska to be posted "No Trespassing."

Here, it doesn't have to be marked - but if it is (through a fence, gate, etc.), you're committing a higher degree of trespassing.

What state is "here"?

Colorado.

Others, you'll have varying requirements.

Arizona, for instance, you have to refuse to get off land that's not marked as no trespassing, or you have to go onto land that's marked as no trespassing.

But, that doesn't mean you can necessarily land on unmarked land in Arizona - there are about a million more laws/regulations you have to look at before you can make that decision. For starters, Arizona forbids landing on lands or waters "of another" absent permission/emergency - and, I'm too lazy to look up case law on the issue (if such exists), but "of another" would include public lands (at least state, Federal is another issue) as most statutes are interpreted.

Last edited:
So let me understand this; some of you think there's nothing wrong with renting a helicopter and flying your son to school when school is in session without telling anyone in advance or scouting the area ahead of time? Is that what I'm hearing?

Yup...no problem here.

Back