Bose-x headset (a/c powered) with an O2 mask?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
Is there a means of connecting an oxygen mask with a built-in mike, into the single-connector (Lemo) headset lead coming out of the aircraft-powered version of a bose-x headset?

With the twin-jack headset it is easy - just plug the mask mike into the mike jack socket.

Yeah.... not easy to avoid though because Lemo have chosen to not sell the particular connector used by the Bose X headset - even though they freely sell all the other pin-count variants of the same connector style :confused:

I wonder what led them to this astonishing "commercial decision".

So, to make up this adaptor yourself you have to get the parts from aviation sources.

It's cheaper than $150 but not a whole lot.

A few years ago I constructed a Bose x headset adapter (for an ICOM radio) in this way
http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/bose-adapter/bose-icom.html

Yeah.... not easy to avoid though because Lemo have chosen to not sell the particular connector used by the Bose X headset - even though they freely sell all the other pin-count variants of the same connector style :confused:

I wonder what led them to this astonishing "commercial decision".

Prolly not Lemo's choice. I'll bet Bose had them produce a custom part that they can only sell through Bose by contract.

That is a metal Lemo connector.

It looks very close; however I do not believe that their metal and plastic versions will mate. I am not sure though - would need to order the metal one and check.

From vague memory, I looked at this a few years ago, because the plastic Lemo headset Bose connectors are flimsy and break easily - all you need is a slightly clumsy passenger to put any force on it and it breaks right off. I looked at replacing them with the metal ones. Maybe this is worth a revisit.

Back