bOOsted...Fast Car

Lady's driving skills appeared commensurate with said bikini.

Always focus your best features, it covers up the lesser ones, and her best features could certainly cover up a lot! :D

I didn't see a car in that video, but I did see a motorboat.

I was wondering where my can of Fix A Flat went.

Nice they surely picked up the dry cleaning in time.

It didn't sound to me like they ever actually unleashed 1000 HP. Problem with that in those cars is that it really is a dyno queen. There is so much turbo lag that the thing only does moderately better than stock until you get into the 5k+ RPM range.

The driver is going to kill herself... The next video we see of her will show her and the car wrapped around a light pole...:redface:

I wonder how many PSI the turbo is kicking

Usually around 40lbs depending on the turbo and mods to make 1000 hp on a single turbo 2JZ.

The driver is going to kill herself... The next video we see of her will show her and the car wrapped around a light pole...:redface:

Jessica Barton, the green bikini in the video, has had a couple Supra's, her last one was just under 1,200 horsepower at the wheels was stolen and chopped last year. The car had been mid 8's in the quarter driven by her boyfriend, I'm not sure what her best time was :rolleyes:

She looks like she might be familiar with a brass pole! :D

She looks like she might be familiar with a brass pole! :D

That is the only pole she might be good with..... She missed almost every shift she made in that car......... Poor motor..:eek::redface:

That is the only pole she might be good with..... She missed almost every shift she made in that car......... Poor motor..:eek::redface:

2JZ is pretty bulletproof. I'd say poor tranny!

Which is more high maintenance, her or the car?

It didn't sound to me like they ever actually unleashed 1000 HP. Problem with that in those cars is that it really is a dyno queen. There is so much turbo lag that the thing only does moderately better than stock until you get into the 5k+ RPM range.

I have raced against turbo Supras (on a track, I don't street race). If they are tuned and set up right, they are INSANELY fast. 10 second quarter mile cars pretty easily. The twin turbo models overcome a lot of the lag because the smaller of the two turbos spins up quickly and makes power while the bigger one gets spooling.

I have raced against turbo Supras (on a track, I don't street race). If they are tuned and set up right, they are INSANELY fast. 10 second quarter mile cars pretty easily. The twin turbo models overcome a lot of the lag because the smaller of the two turbos spins up quickly and makes power while the bigger one gets spooling.

Having owned a turbo Supra until last year, I can attest that they aren't dyno queens if they are setup correctly. Generally big single turbo's are the preferred method of power over the factory twins. The twins will get you into the 10's with a shot of nitrous and slicks, but they are all petered out. Big singles will get you however much further you want to go. With the right torque converter (or stutter box on a stick) the dyno queen lag is a thing of the past.

They are insanely fast for sure. I have a friend with a modified turbo Supra (he's had it about 10-15 years). I've been out of touch for the past 5 years, but it seemed whenever I saw dyno charts, the real key was keeping it in the high RPM range. Toyota did a good job with the transmissions to allow that.

My twin turbo car is parallel rather than sequential, and I only run 15 psi to keep it pump gas and streetable and a two stage upgrade from stock. Now in the summer with warm air, it takes about 2800 RPM before it'll make full boost. Definitely wouldn't want a bigger turbo that would have more lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEAhYGKVY0

not the safest way to wear a safety belt. I wonder how many PSI the turbo is kicking

Judging from the lack of response from various anatomical features (ahem, like their hair), not to mention their car being passed by a SUV, I concluded that this "demo ride" was a lot more about engine noises than actual acceleration forces.

Judging from the lack of response from various anatomical features (ahem, like their hair), not to mention their car being passed by a SUV, I concluded that this "demo ride" was a lot more about engine noises than actual acceleration forces.

Agreed. As someone whose daily driver was the competitor to the Supra, I figured they didn't get above 5k rpm and maybe 20 psi.

That was going to be my third guess! Not many 3KGT's around here in good shape anymore, especially the VR-4's.

Mine needs a paint job and marks its territory (oil leaks), but it's a decent example that's a lot of fun and mechanically sound. With two stage upgraded turbos at 15 psi instead of the stock 6 and a bunch of other upgrades, it moves decently and is a lot of fun. It's still a work in progress, mostly on suspension at this point, but I also want to replace the 3-piece steel driveshaft with a 1-piece carbon fiber. Eventually I want to replace the 3.0L with a 3.5L and slightly higher CR pistons with lower boost.

They're slower and heavier than the competition, but I like grand touring cars and need all wheel drive when I bought it. It's fun for me. :)

Mine needs a paint job and marks its territory (oil leaks), but it's a decent example that's a lot of fun and mechanically sound. With two stage upgraded turbos at 15 psi instead of the stock 6 and a bunch of other upgrades, it moves decently and is a lot of fun. It's still a work in progress, mostly on suspension at this point, but I also want to replace the 3-piece steel driveshaft with a 1-piece carbon fiber. Eventually I want to replace the 3.0L with a 3.5L and slightly higher CR pistons with lower boost.

They're slower and heavier than the competition, but I like grand touring cars and need all wheel drive when I bought it. It's fun for me. :)

What 90's Mitsu doesn't leak? :wink2: It sounds like a fun car, and there's nothing more fun than a turbo AWD car in a little snow.

What 90's Mitsu doesn't leak? :wink2: It sounds like a fun car, and there's nothing more fun than a turbo AWD car in a little snow.

Yep, and I've got all wheel studded snow tires for winter. :D

That was going to be my third guess! Not many 3KGT's around here in good shape anymore, especially the VR-4's.

Tell me about it, I was looking for one a few years ago and I found one and only one. It was so badly riced that just to get it back to normal would have cost me 2-3x the purchase price. I mean really who the eff cuts springs?!

Tell me about it, I was looking for one a few years ago and I found one and only one. It was so badly riced that just to get it back to normal would have cost me 2-3x the purchase price. I mean really who the eff cuts springs?!

Unfortunately that's the norm now for high school "Honda kids." Cut the springs or buy eBay coilovers, purchase replica wheels with crappy tires that are way too narrow for the wheel, stretch the tires onto the wheels, lower the car as much as possible creating as much camber as you can, and put an obnoxious exhaust on. Then you have to tell people it's cooler to be "low and slow" than have a fast car :mad2:

Example:
DSC_0051-1.jpg

It is hard to find. I was fortunate enough to find one owned by an older gentleman who'd kept it 100% stock, purchased with 138k on it. Lived in Texas so no rust. Perfect for me since it left a blank slate for tasteful upgrades that actually resulted in performance improvements. Oh, and stock ride height!

Still doing work to it, but it's a fun and reliable daily driver with respectable performance.

Don't I know it, I ended up with a stock car that now has performance tuned springs and shocks, solid control arm bushings and the thing that ruins the car, 8 point cage, racing seat and 6 point belts

You should see what they're doing to Yukons these days. Makes a truck guy want to go beat someone with a tire iron...

It wasn't meant to get hung up on speed bumps.

Back