Boone, IA (KBNW) RV Flyin; Sat June 20th, 2009

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
This is a premiere event for RV's if you are looking for a nice place to flyin this Saturday. Donuts in the AM, Lunch, building seminars, RV-10,-9,-8,-7,-4, and Harmon rockets in varying degrees of construction will be on display in the shop area. Dozens of flying RV's on display on the flight line, and a very active runway for grading landings & takeoffs.

This is a great show, one of the best.

http://www.wcaircraft.com/boonervday.html

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBNW

Weather looks great, all planes & pilots welcome, no excuses.

Last edited:
I always forget to post this until the last minute!

I'll be there on Saturday helping park planes - Keith seems to think I'm good at it b/c I can see over the top of the planes. :D

Hmm, sounds like fun, perhaps I can make it another year. I spent all my airplane rental money going to Gastons last weekend :)

My Wife is from Boone and until her mother passed away last year we had reason to go there. We’ve stopped at the RV shop on past visits and found the folks who run it to be a really nice bunch of people who, in my opinion, do fantastic work on RV’s.

We’d really like to go and thought about flying the Citabria in tomorrow, but we have a skydiving reunion is southern Wisconsin to attend. Can only make one event.

We had a total of 83 planes come in today. The three of us parking were running ragged trying to find places to put everyone. Because of all the rain the past week here (as recent as yesterday afternoon), the airport grounds were full of 'soft spots', which made finding spots for everyone even more interesting.

Anywho.. Yet another successful RV Day at Boone.

Good deal Chris. Sounds like it was a good time. They seem like good people over there.

Fantastic turnout. Wish we could have been there.

It was a great time! Very organized, and well staffed. The linesman were very careful about parking planes, and helping with startup and departures. It is really nice to see people who care!

As usual, the RV's being built at Boone are second to none. Excellant ideas, modifications, and the workmanship is really great.

It was good to catch up with the RV'ers I've met over the years and make new friends as "newbies" join Van's Air Force.

Cleveland tools was there and set up their mobile display, and took orders if you needed supplies.

Just a delightful day of airplanes, food, and friends.

Last edited:
Any pics? Friend is build'n an 8 and wants some "art" painted on it......just look'n for some ideas.

Sounds like it was a good time. Thanks for the links

It was a great time! Very organized, and well staffed. The linesman were very careful about parking planes, and helping with startup and departures. It is really nice to see people who care!

As usual, the RV's being built at Boone are second to none. Excellant ideas, modifications, and the workmanship is really great.

It was good to catch up with the RV'ers I've met over the years and make new friends as "newbies" join Van's Air Force.

Cleveland tools was there and set up their mobile display, and took orders if you needed supplies.

Just a delightful day of airplanes, food, and friends.

I was going to try to keep an eye out for you, but I wasn't sure who/what to look for. What did you fly-in in?

I was going to try to keep an eye out for you, but I wasn't sure who/what to look for. What did you fly-in in?

I came in a buddies -9a. Red & white. I'm always wearing a VAF hat and have a big smile (with just a little drool) looking at RV's.

I am bad with names, but I was able to put a few faces with names of guys on here.

We really should make this a manditory event for the midwest VAF squardron. It's just a perfect place in the center of the country, and they speak RV!

Sorry I missed you!

I came in a buddies -9a. Red & white. I'm always wearing a VAF hat and have a big smile (with just a little drool) looking at RV's.

I am bad with names, but I was able to put a few faces with names of guys on here.

We really should make this a manditory event for the midwest VAF squardron. It's just a perfect place in the center of the country, and they speak RV!

Sorry I missed you!

Ahhh.. OK.. I remember the plane now. Red & white without wheel-pants. I know I heard the pilot say something about coming in from Lincoln, but like I said - I didn't know a name or tail number to look for so I didn't say anything. I was the tall slim guy that was pretending to know what was going on. :rolleyes:

It's definitely a great event - I hope I'm able to make it back there next year after *hopefully* moving away for work.

Yep, that was us, he has the pants off for training.

What were you flying?

2003 Jeep Wrangler - about the same aerodynamic performance as a large brick. :) I drove in to help out with the event. My dad flew the -7A that we built together. It was parked around on the other side of the hangar, right up against the hangar. Red/maroon and off-white (looks like a 'dirty' white against the other 'real white' planes beside it).

83 airplanes at Boone. wow!

No kidding. If the city hadn't addressed the drainage (or lack thereof) at the airport last year, there would NOT have been enough space for everyone. We had 3 rows running the full length of the ramp, two rows of 'certified' airplanes in the grass on the south end of the ramp, a row in the grass in front of the W&C hangar, 3 rows in the grass on the north side of the W&C hangar, and THEN we were sticking people in the grass along the new taxiway running from the north T-hangars to Rwy 15. I think I had space figured out for about 3 more planes, then we would have been screwed. Luckily, lunch hit and people started trickling out before we maxed out capacity.

Fun times, though!

Back